How to get rid of other storage on my phone?

Sanjay Chandra

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Note : any other solutions other than restore ?
(I am restoring my phone atm)

My iPad also has problem, so I would like to know any other solutions....

Sent from my GT-I9500 using iMore Forums mobile app

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
The other sections contains cache from various app. By restoring, you will get rid of this cache but soon it will grow again l.

If you want to few e storage, you can go to Settings>General>Usage and delete and reinstall apps with the largest Documents and Data section.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Use a cache cleaner like CM Security. Delete old text messages (especially ones with photos attached). Delete old calendar events, reminders, un-needed notes, emails (especially ones with attachments), old phone entries and old contacts.

Restart your phone. Sync.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
If you go to the usage tab you will see how much "other" stuff most apps have on cache or in memory. Kill all background apps and you will still have a chunk of residue with most if not all apps. This is actually a feature so that apps don't have to connect every time to the webservice to download or verify the owner of the app/caller. Try identifying the big culprits and then delete the app (assuming they are not your most used ones). Other than that, delete old messages, old calendar and emails, old reminders and old notes. Remember, iCloud will image everything on all the devices using the same iTunes account so even if you don't use notes on say iPad it will still have all your notes from your iPhone.

Hope this helps...

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods