Bought an gold iPhone 5s today

iBenny

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
And I am loving it! The touch ID is great, the speed is marvelous, just perfect! And the camera, oh dear!
I'm coming from iPhone 5 and I must say, there is a big difference even with the same screen size. It feels like a totally different phone design.
Just wanted to share my happiness, all the best!

Sent from my gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

tlegend2012

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Just a question might be off topic.. I'm considering getting my first IPhone ever.. I will be shooting for 5s. How do you receive texts? Do they just pop up on the screen or is there a way for them to arrive in the background? I'm using Q10, Z30, Note2, and Windows phone.. Emails and texts handling is important

Thanks

david9962000

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You can customize the SMS notification to get them or not on lock screen, get a preview or not as well and you can get a quick notification if you're on the phone or using an app.

Just a question might be off topic.. I'm considering getting my first IPhone ever.. I will be shooting for 5s. How do you receive texts? Do they just pop up on the screen or is there a way for them to arrive in the background? I'm using Q10, Z30, Note2, and Windows phone.. Emails and texts handling is important

Thanks

iBenny

Dec 20, 2013
Visit site
The color couldn't be more perfectly fitted into the whole device, it feels more expensive and precious than real gold itself.
And the battery life, wow.
Thanks for all the congrats! <3
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1399683448.317841.jpg

Sent from my gold iPhone 5s using iMore Forums

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Thanks

It is off topic

To answer your question iOS notifications are very good you can choose to receive them in three ways

You also can view them in the notification menu that pulls down from the top of the screen

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
unerazag.jpg

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I've also recently bought a gold 5s and I love it. It works well with my apple tv and the speed is pretty impressive. The only thing I must say I really dislike (and I hope I can get help with this) my email does not come in automatically and always requires a manual refresh. I have set it to fetch but it still does not come in on time and I also use the native mail app along with the gmail app. I've also noticed that BBM doesn't automatically push my messages but I have to open the app. Help anyone?

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
i had gold but recently moved over to the space grey colored iPhone 5s. while i loved how new the gold looked, the aesthetics were more pleasing with the space gray.

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I've also recently bought a gold 5s and I love it. It works well with my apple tv and the speed is pretty impressive. The only thing I must say I really dislike (and I hope I can get help with this) my email does not come in automatically and always requires a manual refresh. I have set it to fetch but it still does not come in on time and I also use the native mail app along with the gmail app. I've also noticed that BBM doesn't automatically push my messages but I have to open the app. Help anyone?

I think if it's set to fetch then you have to manually refresh for emails. Change it to push and it will check for emails at intervals that you determine (i.e. 15 min, 30 min).

I don't know about BBM.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I think if it's set to fetch then you have to manually refresh for emails. Change it to push and it will check for emails at intervals that you determine (i.e. 15 min, 30 min).

I don't know about BBM.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

For some reason my gmail account can only be set to fetch or manual.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73