HTC ONE (m8) or 5s

HTC One (M8) Or iPhone 5s

• Total voters

rbastuba99

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello, i am 12. I have been deciding over the HTC one (M8) or the iPhone 5s. I understand that they are both great phones, I was wondering what all your guys opinions are, Please let me know what you think

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I suggest that you forget what other people think and get what you want. Ask your parents for their help. Good luck.

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Either should be very easy to pick up and use. I'd go into a store and check them both out and see which you like better

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Hello, i am 12. I have been deciding over the HTC one (M8) or the iPhone 5s. I understand that they are both great phones, I was wondering what all your guys opinions are, Please let me know what you think

Always best for you to go to store and check them out also watch reviews but it all comes down to which better suites your needs and what your prefer in a phone

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It is really a basic argument between whether you want the bigger screen real estate and that Android ease and that mobile ecosystem more than the iOS universe and apps and features. Pretty much every Android is going to be more or less the same, and that may be swayed a little by what version of Android is on that phone you are looking at, but all of that isn't going to matter much, because if you needed the bigger screen there's really only Android to look to for that. Windows Phone may have a bigger screen but the OS and app package is still shy of Android's maturity, so if you want a bigger device Android's the only real choice.

Alot of these Android phone versus iPhone decisions really boil down to whether you want the bigger screen these days, as opposed to the iOS ecosystem. Base your decisions on that.

nason54

May 3, 2014
Visit site
Dang you're 12 and you're getting a smartphone? I didn't get my first CELLPHONE before the smartphone era until I was in high school.

Well good for you! Like the others have said, if you can go to a store and try both of them out and look at reviews from the lovely people at mobile nations.

Happy hunting!

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

phlamethrowre

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Get the iPhone. Reason why, most of your friends will also have iPhones. My middle daughter is 12 and she has an iPhone as do most of her friends. The ones who don't have iPhones yet have iPod touch's. iMessage is very popular with her crowd because it works with the touch's and iPads.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

Highrisedrifter

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
Dang you're 12 and you're getting a smartphone? I didn't get my first CELLPHONE before the smartphone era until I was in high school.

Well good for you! Like the others have said, if you can go to a store and try both of them out and look at reviews from the lovely people at mobile nations.

Happy hunting!

Sent from my awesome iPhone 5, soon to be 6 later this year.

I totally know what you mean. cellphones didn't even exist until I was in my teens and even then they were the huge Motorola Bricks that had the battery packs and Bakelite handsets on the top, similar to the pic below.

old_motorola_mobile_phone_Think_your_mobile_phone_is_too_big_pics.png

I had one of these when I started working for the Government in 1991 and it was so unpleasant I left it in my car and hardly used it.

Your post though did remind me of this; one of my all-time favourite sketches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xe1a1wHxTyo

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
If you want larger screens and more on productivity side. The M8 is the way to go. If you gonna take pictures and share and want a more user friendly OS, I highly recommend the iPhone 5S

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I really really REALLY hate the Sense UI..... I've tried to use it on the M7, One Max, and messed around with it a little on the M8 now, but everything about it is just chunky, slate, and bland. Just based on the UI alone, I would say go iPhone, but really, any other phone out there like the Xperia Z2, Nexus 5, Moto X, ect. all have better UI's and are great phone that you should consider if you want something worth keeping.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
M8 has a great interface! The interface on sense 6 is as smooth as iOS but of course it has more features than iOS.

The 4 ultra pixel camera takes some adjusting, but it's not bad like people think. Change the settings and you're good to go. iPhone camera is very limited!

M8 is a bigger phone, feels great in hand and is as durable as an iPhone. It also has a longer lasting battery.

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't be here if I didn't love my iPhone but HTC has always been neck and neck for me.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
I totally know what you mean. cellphones didn't even exist until I was in my teens and even then they were the huge Motorola Bricks that had the battery packs and Bakelite handsets on the top, similar to the pic below.

This seems like a joke! (I know you're telling the truth though) but WOW I've never seen those before and cannot imagine having to use that ever! Its pretty amazing how far we've come in regards to technology and I can imagine where we will be in the next 20 years.

Darthstorm528

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
The camera resolution choice is a fail for HTC, if they had put a 8 or 13mp at the minimum like most smartphone cameras today. The reviews on their cameras would be more on the positive side. Coming from a 3 time HTC phone owner

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner