Scratched 5S

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I just started hating my 5S after I dropped it yesterday and those scratches make me me feel I should have rather bought black instead of gold lol. Anything I can do.what would you have done after seeing those annoying small scratches at the back

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Regardless of what color you get, if you drop it theres a possibility of it getting scratched. I'm not sure of any specific tricks to buff out scratches but if there are some I'm sure someone will chime in. I have a gold 5S also & I go naked sometimes & have even dropped it a few times but I have no scratches...you much of dropped it really hard!! My advice it to use a case from now on if the scratches bother you that much.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I would say "oops I dropped my phone. Oh well should of had a case on it. But look at the bright side if anyone steals my phone now I will know it's mine because it has a few scratches on the back which makes it original to me".

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
There's nothing you can do but put a case on it if the scratches bother you. As long as your screen isn't damaged and the buttons all work you're good. Enjoy your phone.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Scratches are minor. You are more than likely going to baby the phone so you can sell it to someone else who will use it and beat it up anyways. You may as we'll give that phone the wear and tear that's going to happen to it anyways one day. You paid damn good money to use that phone to its fullest extent. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
From scuffgate.net (I wouldn't try this!)

"Making scratches less visible on the iPhone 5S is tricky. If a deep nick or scratch is found on the chamfered edge of the phone, such as when the phone is dropped on concrete and lands on its edge, there will often be small burrs in the metal. Burrs are bits of metal which have been displaced and rise above the surface of the phone. They catch the light and stand out, and can also snag on clothing. If there are burrs on the edge of the phone, you can carefully file them down using a needle file."

Yeah, like I'm gonna get a needle file to my iPhone! Get a case!

Sent from from my iPhone 5

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I shared this on another thread but figured it's suiting here too. Say hi to my old iPhone 5s frankenphone. LolImageUploadedByiMore Forums1398628034.677498.jpg

Sent From My White iPhone 5s

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I just started hating my 5S after I dropped it yesterday and those scratches make me me feel I should have rather bought black instead of gold lol. Anything I can do.what would you have done after seeing those annoying small scratches at the back

iPhone 5S using tapatalk
Were you looking for an app or game to help you with your situation as I don't know any or did you mean tp post this in the 5S forum? I was just a bit confused.

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Thanks guys I just used those 2 apple stickers in the box hide those scratches. Lol
I got a new case though . Thanks y'all will never drop it anymore

iPhone 5S using tapatalk

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I shared this on another thread but figured it's suiting here too. Say hi to my old iPhone 5s frankenphone. LolView attachment 55097

Sent From My White iPhone 5s
now THAT'S a phone! like a fine pair of mud stompers, it just doesnt feel right until its broken in. I already have a few knicks in the chamfered edges of my 5s. its only been a few weeks too so i'm fully expecting it to look like that by the time I retire it.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
if they are minor scratches on the back of the phones (as I assume you are using stickers to cover them) you can always get a film installed over it... you will be able to use the phone naked and not worry about having extra ones. If they are on the edges, then you have no other option.

In addition, it is good that you got the gold one. The scratches are more clearly visible on the black compared to the gold and silver...

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
if they are minor scratches on the back of the phones (as I assume you are using stickers to cover them) you can always get a film installed over it... you will be able to use the phone naked and not worry about having extra ones. If they are on the edges, then you have no other option.

In addition, it is good that you got the gold one. The scratches are more clearly visible on the black compared to the gold and silver...

This is how I have my gold iPhone 5S on the back. I use an armor.

Sent from my Gold iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
I dropped mine and cracked the bottom glass piece on the back. Inside a case it was invisible but I knew it was there. I had it replaced and like my phone again ha ha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I say this ... if you're worried about dropping it and the scratches... nab a case and be good :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

shief24

Mar 24, 2013
Visit site
My HTC One fell right out of my pocket and face down while I was getting out of the car. This was after I stopped using a case on it because I liked the naked feel of it. As you can imagine it didn't survive the fall and the screen is cracked up. I got a New 5S today and I've just ordered an otterbox commuter case off of amazon. I've learned the hard way that cases are the way to go lol.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox