Should I get the iPhone 5S???!!!

darinr80

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm a PDA superuser. I'm an IT geek (worked in IT for 11 years and still do side work even though my FT job is in a different field). I use RTM and Evernote on my iPhone 5 and I've been using a PDA since the original Palm Pilot. I still have my Palm VII X. Then the Pocket PCs, etc... I use my iPhone 5 for notes, but also pictures as it's my primary camera. I have it auto backup all my pictures to my Picasa account at full resolution. I also use it for astronomy, news, some games, music, and entertainment.

Anyway I like the idea that the 5S is 64 bit, and has an f2.2 camera, but I wanted to know if it would be worth it from the iPhone 5.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance...

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If your iPhone 5 is working great for you I would say wait for the iPhone 6 and then compare that with the 5S and see which phone you want.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or Jailbroken 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
For me going from the 5 to the 5s was worth it. Will the 6 be better... Probably but as you know in tech if you are always waiting fir the next best thing you are always waiting.

taz323

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
The 5 is an awesome phone, had a hard time deciding to step up to the 5s. But for me it was worth it. It really is a good step up from the 5.

darinr80

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you taz323...that is the motivation I need! Verizon has an interesting deal to basically lease a new phone and get one each year rather than pay the subsidized cost through the carrier....

darinr80

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. Taking photos is a major thing w/me because my phone is my primary camera. So far I can see the 5s has:

1. burst mode that captures 10 pictures/second
2. 1.5?m pixels instead of 1.4 (microns)
3. f/2.2 instead of f/2.4
4. true tone dual LED flash
5. 720p 120fps video slow motion recording
6. auto HDR feature
7. HDR in panoramic mode
8. in low light it takes 4 pics and combines them for image stabilization
9. zoom in while taking videos

Last edited:

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
To be honest at this point if wait for the 6. It's only a few months away. If it were last October I'd say go for it because I did, but this late in the game I'd wait.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

darinr80

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Yeah but isn't the iPhone 6 going to have a larger screen? I don't want a huge screen; that's why I have a tablet; and iPad.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Yeah but isn't the iPhone 6 going to have a larger screen? I don't want a huge screen; that's why I have a tablet; and iPad.

I'd wait anyways just to see. You can always get the 5s if you aren't satisfied with the 6. Just an idea

llfloyd79

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I say get what you want. Nowadays most carriers have new plans that allow you to upgrade every 6 months...if you want. I recently got the 5S about 3 weeks ago...(came from Note 3 and I also purchased my first iPad). I was not going to wait 5 or 6 months lol. My Jump with T-Mobile has me available for a upgrade this July so I will use that for the iPhone 6 in September. It's kinda funny when people say just wait for iPhone 6 lol...like 5 or 6 months is a short time lol. But I guess I can also understand why some say wait for the iPhone 6.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Just wait, you don't want something called "buyers remorse". If you don't like the iPhone 6 you can always get the current model at slightly lower rate.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
As a few others have stated, if you can wait it out for the 6, then you can compare the two and choose which will be best for your needs. And also as others have stated, everything about the 6 is speculation. No one, other than Apple knows what exactly the 6 will have and look like.

As its been said many times in this community, in the end, all that matters is what you think will be best for your needs in a phone. And, sometimes patience in waiting is greatly rewarded :)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711