How does the weight of the 5s impact your daily life

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
I for one feel the weight is not a big burden for carrying around but it starts to be noticeable when using it for a long period of time one handed especially laying down. After two hours anything gets heavy but compared to other devices the 5S rates well due to its light aluminum body

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Interesting thoughts. I really do feel like the 5S doesn't really feel any different with or without a case on, it is THAT lightweight either ways. There are two things I can take away from that, first of which is that the light weight pushes the one-handed usage to easier levels, compounded by the already efficient length of the whole screen and the bezels, and second of which, it makes replacing it in my jeans pocket easier.

I like the current weight, but if they are going to do a bigger phone device in the (near) future, I can't see myself taking to the lack of heft if that happens.

All in all, no issue with the current weight, but please do a slightly heavier device in the future if the screen goes bigger, perhaps closely resembling the S5 or the M8's.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Haven't noticed the weight being an issue. But I can see it from your point of view holding anything for 2hrs straight can get heavy.

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I'd think this phone would be the least uncomfortable. It's way less than any other device I've owned. I'm used to pretty huge and heavy devices though to be honest.

Sent from the one in beautiful blue using Tapatalk.

antiprotest

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I don't think anyone should have a problem holding something this light for 20-40 hours, or indefinitely, including infants. The only thing that should limit the time one can hold it is inconvenience or boredom.

However, I've heard of people who have dropped it or almost dropped it because it's too light, especially when they are using it with one hand (typing or tapping in apps), so that the top of the phone might drop forward and then on to the floor. Those people can use thin cases that give them more grip.

Furt

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Since I keep going back and forth between the iPhone and a Moto X which is heavier, the iPhone always feels super light and comfortable to me. No complaints at all.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't have an iPhone 5S, but the weight of my iPhone 5, and even the 4S before it had no impact on my daily life. It is still goes everywhere I go, and will continue to until I replace it....:)

Almeuit

Trusted Member
Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
The iPhone weight never bothered me.. It was always very light. The Note 3 at first was odd but now feels just as light as an iPhone since it's been my daily driver for awhile :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using iMore Forums.

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
The weight is close to, well non existent. It's pretty light to the point of forgetting I have a phone in my pocket lol.
The 5S alone without a case is very light and it makes it easier to drop.
With a case it's more noticeable in the pocket and hand.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Go to the gym,start lifting,then u won't feel the iphone 5s is heavy ..lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kill to birds with one stone
vaqage2e.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads