Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Beginner

79 Posts
    Global Posts
    272 Global Posts

Default I can't send text messages to manual text numbers.....

Hi all, I have a strange one....

If I want to text say my wife or son or friend, who are obviously in my contacts, I can send a text no problem.

What I'm trying to do is send a text to Pizza Hut. In their annoying texts to me (ever since I made the mistake of ordering on my phone) There's an option to text 60777 with the message PHSTOP, to stop any further texts. When I try this I keep getting 'not delivered' with a red exclamation mark.

I also have the same problem with Domino Pizza and a photography equipment site. in fact, any site that's not in my contacts. I tried adding them to the contacts and text them that way but it still didn't work.

Am I missing something here? Am I being incredibly stupid? I just can't fathom it out!!

Many thanks.

Default Re: I can't send text messages to manual text numbers.....

Normally, you don't initiate a text message to seek an end to receiving them from certain businesses. You reply to a text initiated by the business by typing, "STOP". That usually is all that is needed.