can you accidently move the glass on the screen?

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Weird question, but is it possible for a case to cause the front glass of the screen to shift or mess up the digitizer or whatever. I'm asking because when I brought my iPhone 5S into the apple store they said they couldn't get the phone casing off to look at the inside components because the side was stuck and wouldn't separate. they switched it out for a new one. Now I'm worrying that my glass is getting shifted around or pressed in because I do have a tendency to remove my phone case a fair bit to clean the phone. And I don't know if I'm imagining touch response issues or not. The lady said it could be s few things such as a manufacturing issue. But I want to be sure.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It does sound like one of those freak things because I have heard quite a bit but nothing ever like this. The best part of it all is that you received a new phone swap out so goof for you there.

RavenSword

May 16, 2013
Visit site
It does sound like one of those freak things because I have heard quite a bit but nothing ever like this. The best part of it all is that you received a new phone swap out so goof for you there.

We'll, I want to make sure I'm not going to do the same thing with this phone. I've since changed phone cases. But I did press hard on the side of the phone where the glass and chamfered edge meets. Part of this was my OCD because I thought I shifted the glass. (I know , it's weird)

I just want to make sure my touch response is ok on this phone. Sometimes I get miss swipes, but that could be normal error.

malt1977

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I've seen my share of bent iPhone 5/5S, the metal body is quite soft and it is possible to bend/deform it in a way that it would jam the screen in.

Mostly though, they get bent from top to bottom, away from the screen...a bit like a banana. Must be something to do with sitting on it....but as yet (touch wood) I've not managed to bend one.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner