iPhone 5s blue screen boot issue. After lock up.

Michael Spearin

Mar 23, 2014
Visit site
I have a iPhone 5S Verizon 16GB. It has been updated/restored to iOS 7.0.6 right before the 7.1 update came out. I haven't had any issue with the jailbreak at all for a few weeks now. Today I went into cydia and accidentally clicked on the storage tab. I had no other apps open at the time. Had just closed them using purge. As soon as I realized this I tried clicking over to the other tab. Cydia at this time was still loading. I received a text message and clicked the banner to get over to it. I had sent a few text messages to someone and then when I was done I multitasked and selected cydia. Who I clicked on it I had to scan my finger for biolock. It opened and then the screen went black. I tried to close the app after a few minutes. The home button would not respond, I tried to multitask and click out of it. But it wouldn't respond. I them hit the lock button and the phone went dark like normal. When I hit the lock button again instead of unlocking the screen it started to boot from the start. It came up with the apple logo like normal. After about 3-4 min of just the apple logo the phone flashed a blue screen for about 2 seconds and then restarted. This has happened for the past hour straight. Is there away to fix this without restoring the phone. I really don't want to loose the jailbreak.

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Boot device in safe mode and see if that helps. U can uninstall whatever last tweak was installed that caused the issue

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Entering DFU Mode (Official Instructions)

1. Plug your device into your computer.

2. Turn off the device.

3. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds

4. Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds

5. Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button

6. Keep holding the Home button until you are alerted by iTunes saying that it has detected a device in Recovery Mode

iMore Ambassador -iPhone 5s

rdiddy_25

Sep 20, 2009
Visit site
Carlos, safe mode and dfu mode are 2 different things. Power device off. Then power back on while holding volume button up.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods