Bluetooth always goes on and criminals in the Netherland knowing how to use it.

whatsever

Trusted Member
Oct 11, 2013
Visit site
In the Netherland the police is warning for people using bluetooth and it also seems the ios7 turning on bluetooth on a low level. It seems that iphone's and ipad are easy to track and it could be ibecaon push.

What they do here in the Netherlands is that they break open only cars where they scan a iphone or ipad and other cars stay intact. They using a simple bluetooth scanner between 50-300 dollar. when a car is right the break open and sttealling the the ipad or iphone's.

They also using it also the check out if people have ipad's at home because that is an indication people could also have an airbook or imac.

bluetooth_street_wifi_bt_shops_small.png

Inbrekers azen met ?€˜Bluetooth-tracker?€™op waardevolle spullen | politie.nl

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
In the USA, we don't leave valuables in our cars because with BT detection or not, we don't want our valuables being stolen. Lol

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
Good information. I don't leave BT on for power and security reasons, and turn on only when in one of our vehicles that supports BT Hands Free Calling.

On a related note, BT on all the time may be a desired state by Apple.

Apple Keeps Turning Bluetooth On When You Update Your iPhone - Forbes

Thank you Dog5000 for your response the the original post. I also followed the link you posted and found the article quite interesting. Thanks again

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Elizabeth2

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
In the Netherland the police is warning for people using bluetooth and it also seems the ios7 turning on bluetooth on a low level. It seems that iphone's and ipad are easy to track and it could be ibecaon push.

What they do here in the Netherlands is that they break open only cars where they scan a iphone or ipad and other cars stay intact. They using a simple bluetooth scanner between 50-300 dollar. when a car is right the break open and sttealling the the ipad or iphone's.

They also using it also the check out if people have ipad's at home because that is an indication people could also have an airbook or imac.

View attachment 51669

Inbrekers azen met ‘Bluetooth-tracker’op waardevolle spullen | politie.nl

Thanks for the info. This really is a downside to Apple''s iBeacon push which I find rather sneaky anyway.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I never turn off BT. If its that serious for someone to steal my stuff then they obviously need it more than me.

I got insurance for a reason!

Citizen93

Nov 3, 2013
Visit site
Leave your iPhone inside your car here in Italy---> go have a coffe---> go back to your car: glass broken, ta-da! You don't own an iPhone anymore.
Obviously, you won't leave nothing valuable inside your car if you know what kind of people are actually walking in your town (even in the most central/rich areas)

Inviato da iPhone 5s con Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice