5s + 7.1 update = Cool x Super Fast

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it's fast... But also the battery is draining sooner than usual, again it's a bit early to comment on that. Will update in couple of days.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
It defiantly is faster I notice it. Hope it says like that. Very good update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blackcash

Dec 2, 2010
Visit site
The update does seem a bit smoother, but I have to agree that my battery is draining faster. I'll give it a week to see if it stabilizes.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I was going to say I believe my battery life has improved since the update.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Definitely faster on my 5s. I haven't noticed a change in my battery life yet. Still getting 2 days worth.

rbeisaw3

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Definitely noticing a battery drain that had yet to see on my 5S in any previous version. After unplugging in the morning it drops to 97-95 within 5-10 mins without using it

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iBright

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
Well for me I've noticed clearly that it has rather improved my battery life as compared to when was using 7-7.0.6

iPhone 5S 16GB Gold

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
It seems my battery is draining pretty fast. Dropping to 97-95% after unplugging

I think it's just the way that the phone charges. It shows 100% but it just kinda hovers around that area. It does that I think to keep from damaging the battery. If my phone does that I just bump it back to 100% and it does like normal then.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Quis89

Ambassador
Feb 6, 2012
Visit site
Definitely faster on my 5s. I haven't noticed a change in my battery life yet. Still getting 2 days worth.

How are you getting two days?? Is that light usage? I struggle to get past maybe 7 hours. But I'm using it quite a bit between music streaming, email, text and instant messaging and web browsing.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
How are you getting two days?? Is that light usage? I struggle to get past maybe 7 hours. But I'm using it quite a bit between music streaming, email, text and instant messaging and web browsing.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

First off I will admit that in the time since this post, my battery drain has dropped to about a day and a half, but that's also could be due to the fact I've been on the phone more lately.

I would not say that I am a light user. I am consistently using my device for the same functions that you do, although to a lesser extent during my workday at the office, since mine is a personal device. I can make it go a bit longer given that I use my iPad when at home but not exclusively, since I always have my 5s on me. I am always on the lookout for tips to improve battery life such as these. These are just a few tweeks to your settings.

http://www.payetteforward.com/why-does-my-iphone-battery-die-so-fast-heres-the-real-fix/

I am surprised that you are only getting 7 hrs. Perhaps you are leaving open some battery hogging apps such as Facebook or Twitter? I always shutdown apps that are offending in this area. You could also try the Battery Doctor app, which has helped me.

I'd be curious if any of these tips help. I would be very disappointed with 7 hrs.

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox