People can't hear me.....

seinx

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
So when I'm holding my phone up to my ear, they can hear me just fine. If I secure my phone with my ear and neck (hands-free like), NO ONE can hear me. I am in no way covering the mic as I talk. Does anyone else have this problem??

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
No. Just use the phone by holding it to your ear with your hand or buy a bluetooth or wired hands-free headset for instances when you can't hold the phone to your ear with your hand...:)

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Take note of the position of the phone when holding it with your neck. The mic could be out of position when using it like this.
Using a Bluetooth headset is the best option I feel for hands free.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore 😃

Follow advice above and you will be fine

Also I'm curious to know do you have a case on your device as that will also make a difference

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

ChaosShadow

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Willing to bet you're blocking the noise canceling mic located between the camera flash and camera lens. You can eliminate this by A) never holding the phone with your ear/shoulder or B) turn off the noise canceling in Settings > General > Accessibility > Hearing Aids. From there you can enable Hearing Aid Mode.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums app

Crude Berry

Mar 10, 2012
Visit site
My 5s does it too. I kind of expected it, my 4 did the same thing. I'm not really one to hold a phone cradled between my head and shoulder anyway, if I have to do that I need to hang up and call back when I can have a proper conversation. My wife does this often, drives me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

jburke82

Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I have never had this issue while holding the phone with my shoulder to my ear. I guess I don't do it often, but I don't think I have ever had an issue.

Are you hitting mute...?

punkyh07

Apr 3, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem, I just got the iphone 5s and everytime i put my phone to my shoulder people cant hear me either, I dont want to have to use a bluetooth, i dont want to have to use earphones... they hurt my ears... I just want to be able to do two things as i talk,,, not to much to ask for... my iphone 4s did not do this... kinda disappointed in my 300.00 phone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ERRRRRRRR:mad:

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
You can use the 'speakerphone' mode, and put the thing on a table and cary on conversations... that's an option.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR