iPhone 5s heating up

nomoregames

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
But thats is not what bothers me, why mine phone getting warm while i am using 3g ????? Thats the point

Also can someone who has jailbroken 5s, to tell me his temperature while using 3g or wifi??you can check the temperature with few apps from cydia such as battsaver,batterylife,battloger etc

So we will compare and see if mine iphone is faulty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
It says 8 hours of 3g

According to the iPhone 3G Wiki -- Apple stated that the iPhone 3G’s battery was capable of providing up to six hours of web browsing via Wi-Fi, or five hours via 3G, or 25 hours of audio playback. Alternatively, it could provide 300 hours of standby time.

Source:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPhone_3G#Battery

nomoregames

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Mixed usage wifi and 3g

ery2ahuv.jpg

qera8ysu.jpg

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

That battery temp is normal. Playing games or live streaming over 3G or LTE will generate more heat than using wifi since it's consistently communicating with the cell tower. So you have the modem chip, processor, screen, battery & body heat from your hands that are heat up the phone. Unless the "your phone has overheated" screen pops up its fine.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Did you fix the heating problem?

Yes i did..i just connected to itunes and did a restore ,and had the device set up as new..and again jb it..it's all good now..even the battery drain and heating problem is gone 😀.

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Somebody give me a suggestion !if I switch on 3G I get only 2-3 hours !

Sent from my iPhone using
Tapatalk
Hi nishanth , 2-3 hrs is bad.. Do a restore and set up your device as new..dont restore anything from the backup..use for a day and get back to us..hopefully this will solve your problem.. Cheers

nomoregames

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
That battery temp is normal. Playing games or live streaming over 3G or LTE will generate more heat than using wifi since it's consistently communicating with the cell tower. So you have the modem chip, processor, screen, battery & body heat from your hands that are heat up the phone. Unless the "your phone has overheated" screen pops up its fine.

I never play games, but logicly is for the phone to heat up when using, but my friend says that all of his iphone havent ever got warm at all no matter what.. and he had alot of iphones...
So i thought mine is faulty, but its ok now..

BUT can you people share a screenshot with current temperature while using the iphone normaly: fb,safari etc.

Just to compare.So i will feel better, and have alot of evidences to prove mine friend if hes not right or hes lying

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
Every iPhone I have owned got warm or hot on occasion. I have the original iPhone and had all the S models.
My 5S recently got what I consider warm just about a hour ago.
I was on wifi and down to about 15% battery and having a lengthy conversation on a social app brightness was 100% and location services was on. It got down to 1% before I put it on the charger. After it charged up it cooled down.
I always thought of this as normal.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I never play games, but logicly is for the phone to heat up when using, but my friend says that all of his iphone havent ever got warm at all no matter what.. and he had alot of iphones...
So i thought mine is faulty, but its ok now..

BUT can you people share a screenshot with current temperature while using the iphone normaly: fb,safari etc.

Just to compare.So i will feel better, and have alot of evidences to prove mine friend if hes not right or hes lying

I'm not jailbroken currently so unless there is an app in the App Store that displays the temp so I can try this quickly I can't test that at the moment. But I might try it tomorrow quickly before iOS 7.1 releases (based on rumors).

nomoregames

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I'm not jailbroken currently so unless there is an app in the App Store that displays the temp so I can try this quickly I can't test that at the moment. But I might try it tomorrow quickly before iOS 7.1 releases (based on rumors).

well that request was for all with jailbroken iphone.. but its ok.

Trees

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Ambient air temperature is another factor to keep in mind. If the air temp is 90F or ~ 32C, then the phone will at minimum be at that temperature. The phone being warm due to use at that temperature may not be that noticeable.

If the air temp is 32F or 0C, then it may be easier to notice and feel that the phone is warm.

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
I didn't jailbreak it !
In that case , there is nothing much we can do about it..go to apple store again and tell them your problem and get it exchanged ..also tell them that restoring the device didn't help.