iPhone 5s heating up

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi guyz , my iphone 5s seems to be getting too hot while using on 3g ..battery temp going upto 39C..is it normal for it to b heating up like this ?? And also the battery is draining too quickly on 3g..

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Iphone 5s heating

Hi guyz , my iphone 5s seems to be getting too hot while using on 3g ..battery temp going upto 39C..is it normal for it to b heating up like this ?? And also the battery is draining too quickly on 3g..

It may get hot sometimes, depending on your carrier and reliability, don't be surprised.

As for battery draining too quickly, I might have to get back to you on that, after I do some battery tests on my own 5S on 4G...

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't think phones hot to the touch is normal. If a phone is warm to the the touch it's all good.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
It may get hot sometimes, depending on your carrier and reliability, don't be surprised.

As for battery draining too quickly, I might have to get back to you on that, after I do some battery tests on my own 5S on 4G...
I get about full network here..and it doesn't heat up on wifi connection..only when i use 3g it heats up too much..because of the heating problem the battery is also dying very quickly.other than that everything is fine.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
It figures, because using data on a cellular does create heat more than usual, simply because in low coverage areas the phone compensates by working harder to get running hence the heat.

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
It may get hot sometimes, depending on your carrier and reliability, don't be
surprised.

It figures, because using data on a cellular does create heat more than usual, simply because in low coverage areas the phone compensates by working harder to get running hence the heat.
In that case i guess i will have to change my carrier 😉. Btw how much of usage time on average you people get on ur iphone 5s?? Just curious 😐

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
In that case i guess i will have to change my carrier ��. Btw how much of usage time on average you people get on ur iphone 5s?? Just curious ��

It's normal to me, the heat...not your carrier's fault.

I must say if you have a better carrier in your country go for it. That would help a little, but Im not sure if it's worth all that hassle.

I would leave it if it was me..

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
It's normal to me, the heat...not your carrier's fault.

I must say if you have a better carrier in your country go for it. That would help a little, but Im not sure if it's worth all that hassle.

I would leave it if it was me..

Thanks a lot dude that helped ..i hav a factory unlocked iphone ..so it won't be a problem to change carriers..i can just simply port to another carrier and keep the same phone number as well 😊.even i get the same amount of usage time on heavy use.
Being a doctor i must confess that I'm too obsessed with my iphone at times 😜.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't heat up. I have heard of some iPhones getting warm. If your concerned about it then take it to a nearby Apple store. Good luck.

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
If you can take it to apple,better do that..i guess it must b a faulty device.and also your battery health is down to 94.5 in just 84 cycles..mine is the same with 161 cycles..

It's okay, Cipjanin posted an Android screenshot. Ignore it.

nishant_42

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
9ehytamu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nishant_42

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Can you please tell me the usage time with wifi and 3G?i get only around 5 hours for wifi and only 3-4 hours in 3G !can someone please help me ?

drrf69

Feb 26, 2014
Visit site
Can you please tell me the usage time with wifi and 3G?i get only around 5 hours for wifi and only 3-4 hours in 3G !can someone please help me ?

I'm getting around 5-6 hrs on 3g.. On wifi around 8 hrs 😊..

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erik4711