Touchpad issue iphone 5s after replacement

tello80

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,

my front glas were broken so I took it to the pros and they changed it. I checked it and it looked fine, so I took it home but realized later on that the touchscreen works only after the second attempt. I need to turn on, than off and again on the display of my phone to let it work, otherwise it doesnt work. Homebutton works perfect from the first attempt on. So today I opened the iPhone and checked the cables but it looked fine from my "non pro" perspective. I was writing an email to the guy, which was doing the replacement and he said that I need to update my device nothing else :/ and took he took actually 150 EUR for the replacement.

Any idea what could be wrong with that? I mean I will try and buy another display and try to replace it onmyself, I still hope that the display which has been changed is buggy.

Any help appreciated!

BR,

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to iMore

I would have advised you not to open your device when you experienced the problem you mentioned in your post you should have brought it back to the pro that did the work for you if the display was defective he needs to replace it as he did the original repair

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Non-pro shouldn't be opening their iPhone. You should've taken it to the Geniuses. Lol

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

tello80

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Seriously guys, they advertise the services since years and a friend of mine already brought his iPhone 4 to the same shop and everything was fine, but they messed it up with my 5S :/

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
On a side note you're iPhone warranty is history because a third party worked on your phone.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Seriously guys, they advertise the services since years and a friend of mine already brought his iPhone 4 to the same shop and everything was fine, but they messed it up with my 5S :/

We are not trying to beat you up on this just trying to understand your discussions

If the guy is respectable he should redo the damage he already done and fix it right for you

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal