Finally Back to apple! :) New iPhone Gold 5S

FitMomXtine

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

It's been quite a while.. I did move from iPhone to the Galaxy s4.. and so did my Husband.. but as of a couple days ago, we now have the iPhone 5S (gold for me, black for him)..

It's SO nice to be back to the iPhone.. I will admit I miss the slightly bigger screen and a few things from the galaxy.. but can't get over how simple and easy this phone is..

I do have just a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can answer or point me in the right direction.

I am having to learn how to use the phone again.. I keep wanting to swipe the letters when texting.. (is there an app for that on the iPhone?) I've never jailbroken my iPhone's in the past so I don't know if that's a possible app without having to do it..

Also, is there an easier way to transfer my music? Like my music on my galaxy, isn't in my iTunes, since I didn't use iTunes for music or to sync it.. Could I just manually drop the songs in the iTunes "music" folder and it should work? Because right now.. what i'm doing is (the songs are in a separate folder) right clicking on each song, Open with > iTunes.. then when it plays in iTunes, I right click the song and press "Add to iPhone".. I'm just afraid that if I just dump all the songs into the iTunes folder already (with the 900+ songs I already have there) they will not work and i'll have to find each song and take it out. (I hope that makes sense :confused: )

Is there a good app for the iPhone that works as a remote? (the galaxy has one already installed on the phone and I find it quite useful since our current TV remote is literally broken).. if not, no big deal..

Also, anyone familiar with Google Keep app on the android? is there anything similar on iPhone (that you guys would recommend? I know I could look on the app store but I'd like to get your feedback/recs).. I do love the stock note app on the iPhone, but I just like how you can customize the notes (color code them etc).. I find it useful with titles and everything lol..

Thanks a lot! I'm extremely happy with how awesome the iPhone 5S is!! such a great improvement from my previous iPhone (had the iPhone 4S before I switched).. any other tips and tricks you could send my way? :p

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I just switched from a galaxy s3 a few weeks ago and I keep wanting to swipe as well it's getting better but I would like to see if there is an option as well. As long as it uses the stock keyboard. Welcome back as well!

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

flappah

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
Welcome back!!!

> Swype
Afaik, that's only possible on a jailbroken device.

>Tranfering music

First, open iTunes. Second, for all the songs you've not yet got in iTunes, just select all of 'em and drap&drop them on the iTunes folder. iTunes then starts to add it to its own folder. When that's done, click on the iPhone button (next to the button that says iTunes Store). Now a screen open with all the options for your phone. One should be music. There are a two options, either you sync your whole library with the phone or you sync a playlist with the phone. It's up to you. Once you've chosen what to sync with the phone, simply click the Sync button (right-lower-side of the window) and that's that. All the selected songs are synced with your phone.
Another option would be iTunes Match but that's a subscription service with a yearly fee.

>Remote
There are different remote apps. Not sure which one you would like. There's Apple's Remote app that works with Apple-TV's/Mac's/etc, there's a Samsung app for its Smart-tv's called Samsung Smart Tv Now. There are also "remote" apps that lets you connect to a "remote" PC. Not sure which type or which one you'd like.
[edit]
Replied too soon. Saw you meant a TV-remote app. This is the one I quite often use for my Samsung TV: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/samsung-smart-tv-now/id513779586?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

>Google Keep
I found this: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/app-for-google-keep-hd+/id467357758?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

There are however tons of other to-do apps available. I also found something of a review (a bit dated, admittedly): Google Keep vs Evernote vs Apple Notes | News | TechRadar

Mary_Young

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Welcome back! Glad you have a new iPhone!

Considering I just replied to another thread saying she/he turned to an Android, it's a little weird :p

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Hi Everyone!

It's been quite a while.. I did move from iPhone to the Galaxy s4.. and so did my Husband.. but as of a couple days ago, we now have the iPhone 5S (gold for me, black for him)..

It's SO nice to be back to the iPhone.. I will admit I miss the slightly bigger screen and a few things from the galaxy.. but can't get over how simple and easy this phone is..

I do have just a few questions that I'm hoping some of you can answer or point me in the right direction.

I am having to learn how to use the phone again.. I keep wanting to swipe the letters when texting.. (is there an app for that on the iPhone?) I've never jailbroken my iPhone's in the past so I don't know if that's a possible app without having to do it..

Also, is there an easier way to transfer my music? Like my music on my galaxy, isn't in my iTunes, since I didn't use iTunes for music or to sync it.. Could I just manually drop the songs in the iTunes "music" folder and it should work? Because right now.. what i'm doing is (the songs are in a separate folder) right clicking on each song, Open with > iTunes.. then when it plays in iTunes, I right click the song and press "Add to iPhone".. I'm just afraid that if I just dump all the songs into the iTunes folder already (with the 900+ songs I already have there) they will not work and i'll have to find each song and take it out. (I hope that makes sense :confused: )

Is there a good app for the iPhone that works as a remote? (the galaxy has one already installed on the phone and I find it quite useful since our current TV remote is literally broken).. if not, no big deal..

Also, anyone familiar with Google Keep app on the android? is there anything similar on iPhone (that you guys would recommend? I know I could look on the app store but I'd like to get your feedback/recs).. I do love the stock note app on the iPhone, but I just like how you can customize the notes (color code them etc).. I find it useful with titles and everything lol..

Thanks a lot! I'm extremely happy with how awesome the iPhone 5S is!! such a great improvement from my previous iPhone (had the iPhone 4S before I switched).. any other tips and tricks you could send my way? :p

wOOt, I just got the iPhone 5S Gold too, welcome to the club :)

FitMomXtine

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I am still having problems with my iTunes not locating the music even though the songs are showing up on the list. 😰

Other than that I'm glad I'm back to my iPhone 😆truly missed it!

FFR

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I am still having problems with my iTunes not locating the music even though the songs are showing up on the list. 😰

Other than that I'm glad I'm back to my iPhone 😆truly missed it!

You have to import it into iTunes.

Here are the instructions straight from apple:

Add to Library

So you can access content quickly, iTunes indexes all music, audio book, and video files that you add to iTunes. This index is called the iTunes library. When you add content to the library, iTunes adds an entry for each audio or movie file to your index. The files could be in your Home folder, somewhere else on your hard drive, on an external hard disk, or on another computer that you're accessing through file sharing.

To add files to your iTunes library, you can use these options:

Drag files from the Finder to the appropriate icon on the left side of the iTunes window.
Choose File > Add to Library (on Windows, choose Add File to Library or Add Folder to Library) and select the song or folder that you want to add.
iTunes adds entries to your iTunes library for the selected files and copies the files to your iTunes Music folder (if you selected that option in the Advanced pane of iTunes preferences).

Note: When you add unprotected WMA files to your iTunes library (Windows only), iTunes converts them to new files that it can play based on your import settings.

I know you wanted to swipe keys for messages, currently that is impossible without jail breaking, but there is an app for a note taking swipe keyboard, and it's free.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/swiftkey-note/id773299901?mt=8&at=10l3Vy

Good luck :).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77