My iPhone 5 battery appear to be draining faster than normal

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I charged my phone last night all the way from 1% to 100%. I haven't really done anything except web surfing. Facebook. Twitter. it's at 76%. what's the deal? it seemed to be draining faster today than it has been a long time

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Re: Draining battery

Do you have some apps running in the background? Did you install a new app that might be killing the battery?

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site

I clear my apps in my background all the time. I have not installed new apps

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

Mine seems to drain fast at times I don't know why but I have figured out that if I let it drop to 99% or so and then recharge it to 100% it lasts a lot longer. Don't know why. My theory is though as it just kinda trickle charges at 100% I just end up pulling it off as it is nearing the lowest 100% charge if that makes any sense

ajg83

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site

Mine seems to drain fast at times I don't know why but I have figured out that if I let it drop to 99% or so and then recharge it to 100% it lasts a lot longer. Don't know why. My theory is though as it just kinda trickle charges at 100% I just end up pulling it off as it is nearing the lowest 100% charge if that makes any sense

It's funny you say that because lately ive done the same exact thing and I noticed that my battery has lasted a lot longer. I thought it was all in my head but its cool to see someone else do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Tpence2177

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2011
Visit site

It's funny you say that because lately ive done the same exact thing and I noticed that my battery has lasted a lot longer. I thought it was all in my head but its cool to see someone else do the same thing.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Kinda wondering if it was all in my head too lol.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Once your phone reaches 100% it stops charging. Even though the phone might be sitting on the charger showing 100% it still has been idling. That's why sometimes you can wake up with your phone on the charger but it says 98%.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

Metro1088

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Back up and reset the phone.

I got mine working pretty well. Then I took it for service where they reset it. Ever since that time the battery life has been very week. So I decided to reset it again and it got back to normal.

Just try a reset. It might work.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
1. first kill all app with double tap home button & slide to up side | 2.Turn off Locations Service , Turn off Bluetooth & wifi , Disable Backgroud App refresh
or another option that let iPhone drain totally battery down(until phone get off automatically) then put phone in charging

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Once your phone reaches 100% it stops charging. Even though the phone might be sitting on the charger showing 100% it still has been idling. That's why sometimes you can wake up with your phone on the charger but it says 98%.

Correct me if I'm wrong

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

You are correct, I've seen that happen. It will charge to 100% then stops charging then when it drops to 97-98% it starts charging again.

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
You said you were surfing. Was it on wifi or mobile data??
Cos I have experienced the same while on mobile data in a poor reception area. Phone gets hot and the battery drain faster.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
I seem to have fine reception at work. I'm on 4G all the time. don't have Wi-Fi.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal