I have a scratch on the back of my 5s, how can I remove it?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have a white/grey iPhone 5s and on the back of my phone where the shiny, silver Apple logo is, there's a scratch mark on it. Its really noticeable due to the reflection of the logo. Is there anyway to get the scratch off, it's really driving me nuts? It's turning into an OCD for me, lol.

Also, can anyone recommend a new phone case for me, I currently have an otterbox commuter case. I'm looking for the thinnest/lightest case possible, but one with protection. The otterbox case doesn't cover the apple logo on the back and now it's all scratched up. I want to enjoy the beauty of the 5s, I don't want to be so ugly. I do have a Zagg screen protector on my phone for the front, is there a protector for the back and sides? Maybe I just cover the entires phone and get a thin clear case?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
You may be able to buff it out, but there isn't any way that that logo isn't going to show a scratch. Mine is all scratched up, too.

I ask because I saw too many posts about people using different methods to remove scratches. YouTube has an overwhelming amount of how to videos with different cleaners, even one with toothpaste. There so old I don't really trust them but there has to be something out there that works or even helps a little.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
When my iPhone 3G scratched I too searched high and low for a solution, but I came up empty. It seems that once it's scratched, it's scratched for good, unfortunately.

I've been very careful to keep my 5S in perfect condition. So while I can't help you with the scratch, I can help you with your case dilemma. I have many, many cases, and the thinnest yet most protective is absolutely the Incipio Edge. It's fantastic in every way. You can also find some great deals on Amazon (usually less than half price for brand new in the box) but the colors vary. I got Ultraviolet Blue but they don't appear to stock that one anymore.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
It's a phone that you carry with you day in and day out. You should be relieved you got the first scratch now you can get over the OCD and enjoy the phone rather than inspecting every little detail... I'm not trying to sound rude at all I used to be the same way, but once I get the first flaw case comes off screen protector goes in the trash and I enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anon4757448

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't know if you can do anything about the scratch but you should check amazon for thin cases. The thinnest case I have is the Apple leather case and I love it. I have a couple commuters with the exposed logo but I've had a Zagg on the back of my phone since the day I got it. I recommend getting a protector for the back of your phone.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
All of the cases from Spigen are great like the Neo Hybird for the slim factor or the Spigen Slim Armor S.
The Apple leather case is awesome.

I used a Zagg back protector when I first got the 5s but the application didn't go well and it started to peel off so I removed it.

Don't have any idea how to remove the scratch from the logo.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I used toothpaste to remove the Verizon logo from my old BlackBerry 9930. It removed it without scratching. I'm not sure how well it would work on the Apple logo though.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I used toothpaste to remove the Verizon logo from my old BlackBerry 9930. It removed it without scratching. I'm not sure how well it would work on the Apple logo though.

9930... There's a gem I haven't heard of in a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kazp3r17

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Use a back protector I've had one for spigen on since I took my phone out of the box

Sent from my Gold iPhone using Tapatalk

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Since you already have a scratch, you must enjoy your phone naked. Can I suggest, as some already have, a protector for the back of the phone? Zagg is great, I've been using them with numerous phones throughout the years.

I have so many cases but my favorite is a simple clear snap on. Spigen cases and speck cases are my favorite of all companies, they make amazing cases.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S

ajg83

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
If you can't remove the scratch maybe you can cover it up with a sticker. I was on ebay the other day and I ran across a little sticker that fits right on the apple logo and it's only about $3.00. Just look up Apple iPhone logo stickers and it should pop right up, anyway I hope this helps.

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
Don't try anything more, juzt put mat finish or glossy screen guard both side or purchase back case & take care from next time pls

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal