Will you upgrade from the iPhone 5S to the iPhone 6?

jeffbergstrom

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
I agree completely. I've never gotten a new one without the upgrade but I plan on it due to the bigger screen size. I'll sell my 5s and get the 6 for hopefully less then $200....so essentially the same price as the subsidized two-year upgrade.

5S is best phone I've ever had, very happy with it after a couple Androids. That said, if I can somehow sell it and get a 4.5 - 5" screen for $100 or so out of pocket, I'm definitely all over that.

cyberbiker6

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I find the two-year upgrade window makes sense because it corresponds to the cellular carriers' cycle. With Apple mobile products, the iOS represents the entity with the major changes, most of which apply to the outgoing hardware version.

I prefer to upgrade to the next hardware version about 2 to 3 months after it has been released. Buy then the production cycles have caught up and the techies have had an opportunity to find the flaws and have them corrected.

dkhmwilliams

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't even pretend I won't be skipping work and waiting in line on launch day, much like I did for the 5s.

Every year I try to convince myself that I don't need to upgrade and every year I end up upgrading. There is just something about a new iPhone that makes me drool. I love my 5S and as far as what I need, there is no reason to upgrade this year. But, I have a feeling that the new iPhone this year is going to be awesome and a must buy.

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I get the latest phone when my upgrade is available. Had a 4s for two years and now using a 5s. Whatever iPhone is the latest and greatest in November 2015 is the one I will get.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Absolutely, I can't wait. There's no way I could ever keep any phone for that long. The longest I've ever had a phone is seven months, but I got my 5S on release morning so I'm hoping that I can make it the full year this time to the 6's launch.

vegas33139

Dec 2, 2013
Visit site
I will snap up the iPhone 6 as soon as it's released to market, but only on two conditions.

1, A bigger battery
2, The power button doesn't rattle like the 5s.

Bruins_CCH_4

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I agree at a very fun addiction but I think I went overboard in 2013 by upgrading my phone and ipad twice. Time to keep these devices around for a couple years. I am every happy with the 5s and purchased it with the expectation to get at least two years out of it with Apple care. I've got an ipad mini with retina display so a larger screen iphone isn't a selling point for me. I love the form factor and size if the 5s as a truly mobile device. I wouldn't want anything bigger to carry around in my pocket. If I want a larger screen I always have my Rmini that is bigger than any phablet out there. It will be interesting to see how long the 5s is 'future proofed'. Ie how many ios updated the A7 chip can handle without noticeable lag like I've seen on the ip4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I agree at a very fun addiction but I think I went overboard in 2013 by upgrading my phone and ipad twice. Time to keep these devices around for a couple years. I am every happy with the 5s and purchased it with the expectation to get at least two years out of it with Apple care. I've got an ipad mini with retina display so a larger screen iphone isn't a selling point for me. I love the form factor and size if the 5s as a truly mobile device. I wouldn't want anything bigger to carry around in my pocket. If I want a larger screen I always have my Rmini that is bigger than any phablet out there. It will be interesting to see how long the 5s is 'future proofed'. Ie how many ios updated the A7 chip can handle without noticeable lag like I've seen on the ip4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me too, it's gonna be hard to hold onto the devices for a couple of years but I'm gonna really try.

Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR