When hitting home button, doesn't always wake the screen??

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So certain times my iPhone 5s home button when the phone is locked, if I hit it to wake the phone, it does not wake the phone, and I have to hit the home button multiple times. It does not happen all the time, I am just wondering if anyone else is having issues or maybe it is just mine?

Sekelani Zwambila

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
I've had this happen a few times. Try a reboot. Hold the home and power button together until the phone turns off

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
I've had this happen a few times. Try a reboot. Hold the home and power button together until the phone turns off

Sent from my GOLD iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Yes. It has happened to me at least 7 or 8 times.

Ok so it isn't simply a hardware issue on my iPhone. Thanks. I never had that happen with my 5 so was surprised to see it happen with my 5S.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I've had this issue on all my iOS devices, 3rd & 5th gen iPod touch and iPhone 4S & 5S on iOS 3.1.2 - 7.1 beta 5. I don't think it will ever be fixed.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or iPod touch 5th gen using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Ok so it isn't simply a hardware issue on my iPhone. Thanks. I never had that happen with my 5 so was surprised to see it happen with my 5S.

I can tell you one thing for sure. The times it has happened is while the phone was plugged into the charger. Both on the lighting cable and a Mophie case.

elvisx77

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I have had this issue couple of times before. Sometimes the touch ID does not recognize your finger. So you have to key in the pass code. And after that the touch ID works again. Doesn't necessary to reboot. It's a random problem and I think it's an iOS issue.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using iMore Forums mobile app

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I found that if I hit the home button really fast after waking the phone it allows me to completely skip the pin lock and go straight to the home screen. I hope they fix this soon cause it's major security issue.

It's 100% repeatable without any real effort, too.

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I found that if I hit the home button really fast after waking the phone it allows me to completely skip the pin lock and go straight to the home screen. I hope they fix this soon cause it's major security issue.

It's 100% repeatable without any real effort, too.

Are you using the finger registered with touch ID?

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
Happens too fast to be the scanner.

Are you using the finger that you have registered with the scanner is what I'm asking. If it is, the scanner works that fast. Try it with a finger that isn't registered. It won't bypass the pass code lock. If it does, then you have a security issue. Otherwise, it's working by design.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the finger that you have registered with the scanner is what I'm asking. If it is, the scanner works that fast.

I know how fast the scanner works. And it happens with any finger. If I double tap the home button when the screen off it bypasses the pin lock and goes straight to the home screen.

It happens when a third party double press it as well.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I know how fast the scanner works. And it happens with any finger. If I double tap the home button when the screen off it bypasses the pin lock and goes straight to the home screen.

It happens when a third party double press it as well.

Take the phone to a Genius Bar. That's a pretty unique problem if it's really happening.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Cannot get it to happen. Touch id enabled and double tapping with a non registered finger gets a: "try again"

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Michael Zajdel

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys after the 7.1.2 update my iphone sometimes (3 times so far) becomes unresponsive for like 5-10 seconds. I can hit the power button or the home button few times and it will not turn on. After 5 seconds of clicking the buttons it will wake up and be normal. Is it software issue or the hardware one?

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox