Can you switch between 720p/1080p while recording video?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Are there settings for when taking videos and photos, recording in 720p or 1080p? Is there a way to pick a resolution when taking a photo? If not, is there a jailbreak tweak that allows you to do this? I just remember on Android you could pick a resolution of the photo when taking pictures and where also able to choose the quality when taking a video (480p, 720p, 1080p).

Dennisgarcia

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
If you have iMovie on the iPhone, when you export the movie you can choose the resolution you want.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
If you have iMovie on the iPhone, when you export the movie you can choose the resolution you want.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

So I have to convert the video just to change the resolution? That's ridiculous? On Android you have the option to pick what resolution you want to use before taking a photo or video. And there is nothing in the apple store or a jb tweak to change that?

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
So I have to convert the video just to change the resolution? That's ridiculous? On Android you have the option to pick what resolution you want to use before taking a photo or video. And there is nothing in the apple store or a jb tweak to change that?

I know there is a jailbreak tweak that does that but I can't remember the name of it. I saw the name on the jailbreak reddit page the one day cause someone said that it's being updated for iOS 7.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or iPod touch 5th gen using Tapatalk

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
There has to be an app that can replace the iPhones native video recorder and camera. An app that allows you to choose a preset before recording or taking a photo.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
I know there is a jailbreak tweak that does that but I can't remember the name of it. I saw the name on the jailbreak reddit page the one day cause someone said that it's being updated for iOS 7.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or iPod touch 5th gen using Tapatalk

Cycorder? I'm not sure.

iN8ter

Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
There are very good apps on the App Store that let you specify the resolution. The best ones aren't free and they don't require jailbreak.

I got Camera+ for photography, for example. No need for a 3rd party corset on my phone at the moment but there is a hit list in App Store with the best ones in there so they are easy to find :)

Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Well you are NOT going to find anything to REPLACE so to speak the native app for taking pics and video but once you take the pic or video or even before there may be an app that would allow you to choose other settings. I had meant of course hardware wise not being replaced but that is obvious. JB or not there must be something to convert it once taken.

Kevin OQuinn

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to bump an old thread, but is there really no way to change the quality while recording a video? Changing it after the fact isn't ideal for everyone (including my Fiancee).

mcmillan27

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
Getting to this thread a little late too but there is one thing. On the 5s, the regular video camera records in 1080p and the Slo-Mo records in 720p. If you want to play it back on the phone with no slo-mo effect, you can drag the slo-mo indicators till they touch each other and it will play in real time. Now as far as exporting to something like Facebook or some place where you want to share your video in 720p, I don't know how it will play back. Some places will play the slo-mo back as it was recorded (and possibly selected with the sliders) and some will not recognize it. Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner