Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree27Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts

Default Having 'Flappy Birds' installed on the iPhone increases the value of it?

I'm hearing that If you have floppy birds on your iphone your phone is worth more than retail price ??? Is this true
    iMore Intermediate

Default re: Having 'Flappy Birds' installed on the iPhone increases the value of it?

True.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊
    eradicator2k14 likes this.

Global Posts
    1,817 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Default re: Having 'Flappy Birds' installed on the iPhone increases the value of it?

True. So what are your ideas for me clearing my info without deleting the game? Lol!

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5S
    32GB iPhone 5S 32GB iPhone 5 64GB iPad 3 LTE 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5
    nikkisharif likes this.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts

No clue right now
    iMore Intermediate

Why did the value go up so much over a game that isn't in the App Store anymore ? And is people really paying more now?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    103 Global Posts

The game sucks but it's "trending" so it's the thing now. 😒

iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,219 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by yungboi View Post
    Why did the value go up so much over a game that isn't in the App Store anymore ? And is people really paying more now?

You just answered your own question.
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    855 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by finn5975 View Post
    eBay quickly started taking down listings since it is a requirement that your phone be restored back to factory setting prior to sale (well, at least according to them it is supposed to be). Regardless, while people have been listing their phones at higher than normal prices, at least from an auction format standpoint, it doesn't appear that anyone is bidding on them. I think the example that broke the story, where a couple of phones were fetching nearly $10,000, was shady at best.
    Yea I figured it was shady $10,000 !!!! Who has that type of money for a phone

Global Posts
    3,507 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Default Re: Having 'Flappy Birds' installed on the iPhone increases the value of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jrome.brooks View Post
    There's nothing really shady about asking for more money because it has an app installed. Just shady to list it as restored to new if it really isn't.

Believe me, people out there are willing to pay $10,000 for anything, let alone an iPhone.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,305 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6 B4

Default Re: Having 'Flappy Birds' installed on the iPhone increases the value of it?

Download it from your purchased apps on iTunes. I sold my busted iPod Touch 4th gen for around $500 with flappy bird on it.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,401 Global Posts

This again? 😱
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by boovish View Post
    Download it from your purchased apps on iTunes. I sold my busted iPod Touch 4th gen for around $500 with flappy bird on it.
    Wow that's crazy. That was good on your end lol. You sold it on eBay ?

First off the game was free it was listed in the App Store since I believe March of last year the game play is childish and difficult the Dev claims he coded it in 3 days and now it's a commodity

People just want what they don't or can't have like a tickle me Elmo and they mortgage the house to say they have it

It's one of the Human Faults we all deal with at one time or another

Ok back to the game 😉

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    webOS for life

iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,401 Global Posts

Like how suddenly a box of Twinkies was exchangeable in the weight of gold just because they were no longer easily accessible. People want what they can't have, it's the nature of the beast right?
    kataran and Rancid88 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    First off the game was free it was listed in the App Store since I believe March of last year the game play is childish and difficult the Dev claims he coded it in 3 days and now it's a commodity

People just want what they don't or can't have like a tickle me Elmo and they mortgage the house to say they have it

It's one of the Human Faults we all deal with at one time or another

Ok back to the game 😉

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    May.
    T.
    Ambassador @ iMore

"With great power, comes great responsibility." - Uncle Ben
    kataran likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,219 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

Quote Originally Posted by Septembersrain#AC View Post
    Like how suddenly a box of Twinkies was exchangeable in the weight of gold just because they were no longer easily accessible. People want what they can't have, it's the nature of the beast right?
    Some people would kill for twinkles...

"Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson

Global Posts
    3,507 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 7

Quote Originally Posted by Septembersrain#AC View Post
    This should apply to Excedrin PM since it has been off the market for over a year.
    Formerly forever29
    iPhone 5S 64GB
    Galaxy Note 3
    iPad Mini with Retina 32gb

Global Posts
    4,120 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Haha haha I would rate an iPhone with a dozen movies and a hundred songs on it higher to be honest...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
    Wrote pretty much every single word while listening to iRon Maiden
    Premium1 likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    5,401 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    This should apply to Excedrin PM since it has been off the market for over a year.
    They took it off quietly. The Twinkie and Flappy Bird fiasco was blown entirely out of proportion...
    kazp3r17 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,305 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    iOS 6 B4

No, craigslist
    iMore Beginner

I seen that , I have a brand new phone up and no one has bid on it and it's has flappy bird preinstalled , its a scam !!

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums

Global Posts
    1,817 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by Jrome.brooks View Post
    People with more money than they can count. 😏

32GB iPhone 5S 32GB iPhone 5 64GB iPad 3 LTE 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5

Quote Originally Posted by EmceeGeek View Post
    People with more money than they can count. ��

10,000 for a game that will probably never see another update....
    Taz323

Community Rules & Guidelines
    App and Developer Rules & Guidelines
    Marketplace Rules & Guidelines
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    iMore Guru

Global Posts
    1,373 Global Posts

I would actually pay less for a phone with that stupid game on if. Lucky I never got sucked into the "flappy bird" craze
    iMore Beginner

My Iphone still has no bids and it's brand new that's what I don't understand !

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast