Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213
Results 301 to 309 of 309
Like Tree153Likes
  1. #301  
    iRiidium's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: Disappointed in iPhone 5s

    Quote Originally Posted by i7guy View Post
    I get random crashes of various stock apps, I've only seen one reboot/respring since I've had the phone.

    The imore app crashes when replying to a lot if text.

    Every once in a while wifi does not start and I have to turn it on and off.


    Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    Whoa. That just seems unacceptable.


    Sent from my liberated plutonium 5s 64
  2. #302  
    acadia11's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    609 Posts

    Default Re: Disappointed in iPhone 5s

    Quote Originally Posted by i7guy View Post
    I get random crashes of various stock apps, I've only seen one reboot/respring since I've had the phone.

    The imore app crashes when replying to a lot if text.

    Every once in a while wifi does not start and I have to turn it on and off.


    Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
    I get this as well, ironically this forum app is one of the culprits, I can attest to the wifi issue also. I have to say iOS 7 is one of the least stable releases I've seen from apple in a while.


    Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
  3. #303  
    Septembersrain's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Disappointed in iPhone 5s

    I do not really think it's always iOS 7 that's the culprit. Honestly I've been having a few issues with my 5s. I soft bricked it just by putting on the Netflix app. Had to do a full restore with a wipe of all data.

    Now I'm sure anyone who knows me, knows I jailbreak. However, my 5c has all the same exact tweaks. Since they have my email in them, they both install the same applications from the app store. I've had zero complications, no app crashes, and no apps causing soft bricks.

    I'd venture to say it's small bugs with that 64 bit chips compatibility/function.
  4. #304  
    n8ter#AC's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,451 Global Posts

    Default Re: Disappointed in iPhone 5s

    Think I may take one back and just deal with the fact that Google owns me.

    Moving data around from app to app is just too much of a pain especially with no file manager. I cannot move videos in Onedrive to my camera roll for example.

    This is also one of the least accurate and non responsive touch screens I have ever used. Especially near the edges. I basically have to consciously misfire to hit the buttons I want.

    The video player desperately needs pinch to zoom during playback.

    I like the size and speed, and the service integration but I am not enjoying the user experience at this point.

    May run to verizon and get a Note 3 or G2.


    Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
  5. #305  
    iRiidium's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    554 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.0.4

    Default Re: Disappointed in iPhone 5s

    Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    Think I may take one back and just deal with the fact that Google owns me.

    Moving data around from app to app is just too much of a pain especially with no file manager. I cannot move videos in Onedrive to my camera roll for example.

    This is also one of the least accurate and non responsive touch screens I have ever used. Especially near the edges. I basically have to consciously misfire to hit the buttons I want.

    The video player desperately needs pinch to zoom during playback.

    I like the size and speed, and the service integration but I am not enjoying the user experience at this point.

    May run to verizon and get a Note 3 or G2.


    Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    Get the G2.


    Sent from my liberated Titanium iPad Air LTE 
    finn5975 likes this.
  6. #306  
    i7guy's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    327 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,024 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    7.1.1

    Default Re: Disappointed in iPhone 5s

    Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    Think I may take one back and just deal with the fact that Google owns me.

    Moving data around from app to app is just too much of a pain especially with no file manager. I cannot move videos in Onedrive to my camera roll for example.

    This is also one of the least accurate and non responsive touch screens I have ever used. Especially near the edges. I basically have to consciously misfire to hit the buttons I want.

    The video player desperately needs pinch to zoom during playback.

    I like the size and speed, and the service integration but I am not enjoying the user experience at this point.

    May run to verizon and get a Note 3 or G2.


    Sent from my iPhone 5S using Tapatalk
    The lack of a file manager probably is one of the biggest all-around discussions from those coming from other platforms. My prior blackberry platform had a file manager, and I really liked it. However, I am basically okay with the iphone in this regard. In spite what I posted a few posts up, I basically like the platform and have downloaded about 3 or 4 cool apps that do various things.

    My biggest issue lies with iTunes and music. My blackberry just had to load music through the USB connection, not quite as simple in iTunes and I can't get the hang of it even after owning an ipad for a good length of time.

    I don't have a problem with the screen, I find it extremely responsive edge to edge.
  7. #307  
    n8ter#AC's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    139 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,451 Global Posts

    Default Re: Disappointed in iPhone 5s

    I got the Galaxy Note III.

    Only had 4 days to return/switch and since I paid cash for the phone, I wasn't willing to take the risk. $750+ is a lot of money to play with, IMO.
    Heisenberg and iRiidium like this.
  8. #308  
    dkhmwilliams's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    694 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,813 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1.4

    Default Re: Disappointed in iPhone 5s

    Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    I got the Galaxy Note III.

    Only had 4 days to return/switch and since I paid cash for the phone, I wasn't willing to take the risk. $750+ is a lot of money to play with, IMO.
    The Note 3 is a great device. You will definitely enjoy it. Congrats!


    Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk
  9. #309  
    Septembersrain's Avatar
    iMore Elite

    Posts
    2,609 Posts
    Global Posts
    6,215 Global Posts

    Default Re: Disappointed in iPhone 5s

    Quote Originally Posted by n8ter#AC View Post
    I got the Galaxy Note III.

    Only had 4 days to return/switch and since I paid cash for the phone, I wasn't willing to take the risk. $750+ is a lot of money to play with, IMO.
    You'll enjoy it. I know I've really loved mine. ^_^
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 10111213

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-09-2014, 02:36 PM
  2. 5s or Nokia 1520? Why must I be such a phone junkie?
    By phlamethrowre in forum iPhone 5s
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-01-2014, 09:34 PM
  3. switch an sprint iphone to tmobile
    By jackmoney55 in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 09:36 PM
  4. Dowloading pics on iPhone to iMac
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 09:02 PM
  5. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-10-2014, 07:12 AM

Posting Permissions