Zagg tempered glass screen protector ...

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have used many many Zagg protectors before tempered glass protectors came out and that's when I started using Spigen's glass protectors and have used them on many of my phones and tablets. I switch phones and tablets often, maybe ever few months, and found that buying them often got expensive so I decided to start looking at the generic glass protectors on eBay. I ordered a few and have been testing them out and I would say they work just fine for 1/4 of the price, sometimes you can't even see or feel a difference. And installation is easy on the generic ones also.

Nothing against Zagg or Spigen they make great products but $40 to $60 each can add up when you switch phones and tablets often.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Think the thickness of the off brand ones is what matters.. The thicker they are the more noticeable they are... Most want good but also thin, like it's not even there.

mattjohnson78

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I have found generic ones that are just as thin as the name brand ones and also have the rounded corners like the name brand ones.

I always look for ones that are .3mm thick with rounded corners. Anything thinner and you lose some of the protection that tempered glass will give your screen. Anything thicker and it starts to show. Also .3mm thick glass works great without or with a case on the phone.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Do the generic ones have a lifetime guarantee? I have found out over the years that you usually get what you pay for (not always though). The generic (less expensive) usually have less clarity, less adhesive properties, less smudge proof coating ...ect.

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have used many many Zagg protectors before tempered glass protectors came out and that's when I started using Spigen's glass protectors and have used them on many of my phones and tablets. I switch phones and tablets often, maybe ever few months, and found that buying them often got expensive so I decided to start looking at the generic glass protectors on eBay. I ordered a few and have been testing them out and I would say they work just fine for 1/4 of the price, sometimes you can't even see or feel a difference. And installation is easy on the generic ones also.

Nothing against Zagg or Spigen they make great products but $40 to $60 each can add up when you switch phones and tablets often.

I always tell my customers that you can buy a cheaper glass screen protector, but it won't look and feel nearly as nice as a brand name one (like ZAGG). If you have a generic one and a ZAGG one side by side, you can defintely see and feel the difference. Also, you will probably end up going through 3 or 4 generic ones which means you'll have to keep spending $15 dollars every 4-6 months for a new one. With ZAGG's you can get unlimited lifetime replacements for a one-time $40 fee. I believe you always end up paying more for generic screen protectors in the end... However, I have heard of people using the same generic screen protector for the life of their phone (it just never looked really good).

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I finally picked up the Zagg Glass for my 5S & after 5 minutes I'm in love LOL. It feels amazing & the screen is just beautiful:) I never put screen protectors on my iPad but I'm thinking about getting one for the rMini & for each of my kids mini's.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You get what you pay for. And they are definitely worth it. A co worker of mine dropped his phone and broke the screen protector, that's what's supposed to happen. Called Zagg and they sent him out a new one. That's also the way it works with a good company.

Last edited:

markhunsaker

Dec 14, 2009
Visit site
Zagg Glass has been amazing. Their customer service is also fantastic. I have had you are mine replaced a few times and they have done it. It's been a fantastic product that's is recommend to anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Buying out right it's fine... Fast shipping.....

But this is going on two weeks for my replacement..... Still showing In-Processing

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site

But this is going on two weeks for my replacement..... Still showing In-Processing

Same here I ordered my replacement on the 23rd of May. I contacted customer service to see what was happening. Received an email saying the glass is on back order and looking to ship around the 20th. The customer service agent sent me an original screen protector with 3 day shipping to hold me over until the glass ships.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Same here I ordered my replacement on the 23rd of May. I contacted customer service to see what was happening. Received an email saying the glass is on back order and looking to ship around the 20th. The customer service agent sent me an original screen protector with 3 day shipping to hold me over until the glass ships.

I'm assuming you're referring to the Zagg one being on backorder. Mine was supposed to ship on 6/4 but it is still "in process". Annoying. If it's on backorder, it should just tell us that it is. I've been waiting way long. I hope I don't have to wait until 6/20 for it to ship.

aera

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm assuming you're referring to the Zagg one being on backorder. Mine was supposed to ship on 6/4 but it is still "in process". Annoying. If it's on backorder, it should just tell us that it is. I've been waiting way long. I hope I don't have to wait until 6/20 for it to ship.

Yes I was referring to Zagg. Very similar situation mine is showing a ship date of 6/2 and still "in-process". Here is the email I received from their Customer Service.

"Hello Aera,

Thank you for contacting ZAGG and iFrogz! My name is Vincent and I appreciate the opportunity to assist you today.

I?m sorry for the delay in receiving your replacement Apple iPhone 5/5s/5c GLASS Screen Invisible Shield. This item is a bit on back order and will not ship till close to the 20th of this month. As a temporary solution I have sent you an original Invisible Shield with 3 day shipping that you should receive this coming week. When you receive your GLASS one simply throw away the original one and mail back the GLASS one you currently have.

Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns. Thank you for choosing ZAGG and iFrogz.

In our on-going effort to always provide World Class Customer Service to our customers, we kindly ask you to please take this short, eight-question, multiple-choice survey. Your feedback is invaluable to us and is gratefully appreciated.

Below is the link to our customer satisfaction survey.

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/6S8WX3M?c=28335222

All the best,
--
Vincent D.
Customer Service Representative
ZAGG? Inc. and iFrogz?
3855 S 500 W STE C, SLC, UT 84115
800.700.9244 (Toll-free)
00.1.801.839.3906 (Europe)
Nasdaq Symbol: ZAGG
ZAGG.com
iFrogz.com"

Hope this info helps

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site

I will say, the iPhone 5 Glass has been on back-order for my retail stores as well. We're nearly out and I placed my order 2 weeks ago. It's so popular that they are having a hard time keeping up with the demand.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Finally got mine in the mail yesterday and installed today! Took like 30 seconds to install and it feels amazing and doesn't have any smudges or prints on it. Loving it so far. Wishing their smart buds were as high quality. I'm gonna have to email their management about just how many sets of smartbuds I've been through the last 3-4 years. It's a shame that those are such pitiful quality, but I digress.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73