Zagg tempered glass screen protector ...

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I ordered the BodyGuardz Pure glass protector, which I just got. I installed it at work today, and I am REALLY hoping that the adhesive sticks in some of these places it appears not to be sticking to on the edges and about 1/2" in from the right edge. It just refuses to stick it looks like. I have palmed it for the last hour and so far no avail.

I will admit though, I don't like how thick it is off the screen.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
I ordered the BodyGuardz Pure glass protector, which I just got. I installed it at work today, and I am REALLY hoping that the adhesive sticks in some of these places it appears not to be sticking to on the edges and about 1/2" in from the right edge. It just refuses to stick it looks like. I have palmed it for the last hour and so far no avail.

Hmmm...I have the Pure Glass on my silver 5s and love it.

Sent from 4 f IV 🔘

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

If it ends up not sticking or living up to your standards, I would strongly suggest that you give the Zagg Glass a try. It's much thinner and the tapered edges give the illusion that it isn't even there. I wouldn't give mine up for the world.

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys. Here's some more info the Glass that a lot of you have been asking for. Also for those of you asking, it is .39mm thick. It fits most cases. The only ones I have had issues with are the Tech 21 bumpers. All Mophie cases work. Works with all Otterboxes (I recommend taking out the thick plastic that the otter box comes with). Tech 21 has been the only issue because it overlaps on the screen so much. Here's a closer look:

And here's a hammer and drop test to show you how strong iSGlass is:

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
If it ends up not sticking or living up to your standards, I would strongly suggest that you give the Zagg Glass a try. It's much thinner and the tapered edges give the illusion that it isn't even there. I wouldn't give mine up for the world.
Its about to get peeled off. It refuses to stick down. It's now been a couple days, and I cannot stand it. It's not changed at all since the install. I will probably just go back to Spigen UltraCrystal.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys. Here's some more info the Glass that a lot of you have been asking for. Also for those of you asking, it is .39mm thick. It fits most cases. The only ones I have had issues with are the Tech 21 bumpers. All Mophie cases work. Works with all Otterboxes (I recommend taking out the thick plastic that the otter box comes with). Tech 21 has been the only issue because it overlaps on the screen so much. Here's a closer look:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjpoQq__Dek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_37V6xWrDk

Great job, Thanks for the info and the demonstrations.

Haalcyon

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjpoQq__Dek

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_37V6xWrDk

I can confirm the incompatibility with the Tech 21 cases. I've tried multiple glass screen protectors with the Tech 21's but none of them work for the aforementioned reason. Too bad as I LOVE the look of the Tech 21's

Sent from my LG-V5OO (my other tablets are iPads) 📱

Bradley Spence

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I've also just been informed that the RokForm V3 and SlimRok do not work either. The rule of thumb for case compatibility is if the case overlaps onto the screen and it's a tight fitting case, it will not work. Soft cases that are more loose that overlap the screen usually work. Harder cases that overlap will not.

PmmDan1310

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Same thing happened in our independent testing. The process to create the beveled edges (the home button cutout is beveled) creates micro fractures and lowers the screen protectors ability to provide impact resistance. Here is a recent picture from testing a competitors beveled edge product.
The edge of the home button cBeveled home button 3.jpgBeveled home button 2.jpgut out.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Bodyguardz says to allow 72 hours for it to fully adhere. If there is something caught underneath, it'll affect the ability to adhere.

There's nothing under it, and it's been over a week. The edges still are not sticking and there are still spots that look like there's just no adhesive at all on the glass. It's coming off tonight or this weekend, and I'm going back to Spigen UltraCrystal.

PmmDan1310

Apr 24, 2014
Visit site
Ame,

Have you called customer service? I haven't read all your posts but what you're describing doesn't sound right. Have you posted a picture? I might be able to help. Either way I would give customer service a call and see if you got a defective unit.
There's nothing under it, and it's been over a week. The edges still are not sticking and there are still spots that look like there's just no adhesive at all on the glass. It's coming off tonight or this weekend, and I'm going back to Spigen UltraCrystal.

ame

Trusted Member
Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Ame,

Have you called customer service? I haven't read all your posts but what you're describing doesn't sound right. Have you posted a picture? I might be able to help. Either way I would give customer service a call and see if you got a defective unit.
I did call, and waited on hold FOR-EVER for someone to give me any response beyond "give it more time." After the initial install and a day or two had passed, I did the online chat with a customer service rep after I called and sat on hold for a while (to be fair, it was lunchtime that day), and was told, direct quote, to "give it more time. This can take up to 72 hours to settle." That was the response EVERY. TIME. After a week went by I contacted them, again, right after my blog post went up, even, and explained the situation again. I got again told to "give it more time." When I explained this was the 2nd time I've contacted customer service for this issue, and that I had given it more than a week, I was told "sometimes it just takes longer." It was pretty much the "anything we can do to NOT deal with this customer and NOT help" response. So, I am kinda done with it, honestly. I do not have time to continue chasing the company. This is the same reason I stopped using their other protectors too, like getting any help when there was an issue was not worth the hassle.

I posted pics on my blog, the best I could get with a DSLR on macro. My camera couldn't focus on it very well, it wanted to focus on the stuff it was reflecting. I made sure when I tweeted about the review on my blog that I mentioned the company, also, and got no reply that way either.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2