Can I download a movie from iTunes over cellular data?

ajg83

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I'm fairly new to iphones and was just wondering if there is a way to download a movie from itunes using your cellular network instead of over wifi. Thanks in advance for any help.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
First of all Welcome to iMore!!

Unfortunately, cellular downloads are limited to books, apps, music, music videos, audiobooks, podcasts, and I think iTunes U files up to 100MB. You might be able to do this with jailbreak but I'm not sure.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Would you not want to Download it over WIFI for the faster speed not taking nearly the time as cellular and not to mention saving your cellular data Plan.

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
You can if you tether. I have unlimited data on my work phone so if I need to I can tether my personal phone to that and download large files.

ajg83

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback. The reason I was asking was because I was at the airport on a layover and wanted to download a movie for my flight. There was no wifi available and my T Mobile LTE was pretty quick, not to mention I have unlimited data.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for all the feedback. The reason I was asking was because I was at the airport on a layover and wanted to download a movie for my flight. There was no wifi available and my T Mobile LTE was pretty quick, not to mention I have unlimited data.

I am glad you DO have this and had I known this from your original post I would have suggested this although either mine or yours will work just fine. Good luck and hope you got a good movie for the flight.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner