Space Gray scratching issues?

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I have done a search on this and cant find the specific nswer I'm looking for so please dont blow up at. I am looking to get the space gray iPhone 5s, I had the slate iPhone 5 and noticed that the paint was scratching off near the charging port from me plugging it in and unplugging it. Please keep in mind I keep my phone in an otterbox defender so I'm not to concerned with the rest of the phone as it will be protected, but can anyone tell me if the gray 5s chips at the charging port like the slate 5 did?

Thanks for your help

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
No issues with chipping or scratching on the Space Gray 5S.
4 months and my iPhone 5S SG looks as good as day 1.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Same 4 months not a single scratch or mark but I also use the black leather apple case

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
The nice thing about the 5s is that the aluminum indeed not just painted. So the gold iPhone is gold in color throughout the aluminum and not just on the surface, like the HTC One and iPhone 5. Same with the Space Grey. So, scratches and burrs will not look as bad. The Space Grey is Space Grey throughout the aluminum. At least, that is what I've read.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Thanks everyone, sounds like the port wonts get scratched up like the 5's did and the rest of the phone will be prestine since I'll keep the otterbox on it

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks everyone, sounds like the port wonts get scratched up like the 5's did and the rest of the phone will be prestine since I'll keep the otterbox on it

Yeah, I read that the 5s is easier to keep looking good than the 5. I keep mine cased and screen-protected so I'll just have to take that on the surface.

Sent from my titanium rMini LTE

njshoregurlz

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Maybe on the iPhone 5 I heard it but not the 5S!! I use a case anyway and I got white and silver

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yungboi

Apr 12, 2013
Visit site
My space gray 5s still looking new. I have heard a lot that the paint is different from the iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
The space gray 5S is not prone to scratching and chipping like the iPhone 5.

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums