Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Intermediate

Default IDeviceGuys unlock is it a scam?

Guys have you used them? I ordered from these guys 5s unlock and haven't heard a word from them, luckily I paid with Amex, and they are like dogs in heat when it comes to fraud. Anyone else use them or have any experience?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app
  2. Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  
    iMore Intermediate

Default Re: IDeviceGuys unlock is it a scam?

Update , I heard from they stated it should be done today. If I get the unlock it will be less than 24 hrs. Will keep you guys posted.

Heisenberg likes this.

Global Posts
    6,404 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Keep us informed if you will

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB
    iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

kill them with kindness :-)
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  
    iMore Intermediate

Default IDeviceGuys unlock is it a scam?

Well didn't hear anything from them , they stated it should have been yesterday. Day 2 will see.

Last edited by acadia11; 02-04-2014 at 12:11 AM.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  
    iMore Intermediate

Just an update, I've heard nothing , and I sent them a mail no response. Well guys this is looking shady

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,812 Global Posts

Sorry to hear that. Hope you can get your money back.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  
    iMore Intermediate

Well, they contacted me and said there was some sort of mix up with the list. Sure??? Let's see , day 3 , we already passed the 48 hr mark which is the service I paid for. We shall see tomorrow. Refund or unlock.

8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  
    iMore Intermediate

Well, received notification today it's unlocked. And it is. So we know that this company can do it.

Logistically though it wasn't that smooth , you aren't contacted unless you contact them. Plus they are on the expensive side, the good they said 2 day service, but it took 3. Which is fairly
    Quick. All in all I give this 5 of 10 star experience.
    I

Global Posts
    6,404 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thanks for the review 👍

iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    231 Global Posts

Thank you for the review.

Tapped from my Black & Slate iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    8,960 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    Taco Bell

How much was it to unlock? (just curious since it seems most of them are absurdly expensive)
    "Speed has never killed anyone; suddenly becoming stationary...that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
  12. Thread AuthorThread Author   #12  
    iMore Intermediate

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    5,608 Global Posts

Thanks for the review!
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1 beta 3

This is my company and i admit we did have a mix yup it was bad communication on my part. We did get it fixed. I apologize again for the mix up

And I know someone asked about pricing we have Att unlocks starting as low as $30 dollars now and go up depending on speed and model, we do offer unlocks for more then just Att, we have them for most all carriers and devices out.

Thanks,

Logan
    Owner of IDeviceGuys LLC
    Thanked by:
    rdubmu (04-10-2014)
    rdubmu likes this.

Global Posts
    6,404 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Quote Originally Posted by lwesterman01 View Post
    This is my company and i admit we did have a mix yup it was bad communication on my part. We did get it fixed. I apologize again for the mix up

And I know someone asked about pricing we have Att unlocks starting as low as $30 dollars now and go up depending on speed and model, we do offer unlocks for more then just Att, we have them for most all carriers and devices out.

Thanks,

Logan
    Owner of IDeviceGuys LLC
    Thank you for showing interest in our Forum and I'm sure some members will be interested in your services

iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

Thanked by:
    lwesterman01 (02-15-2014)
    rdubmu and iOS Gravity like this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1 beta 3

Quote Originally Posted by kataran View Post
    Thank you for showing interest in our Forum and I'm sure some members will be interested in your services

No problem, thank you.
    I been a member and reader for a while love site, and love helping out when I can!
    Thanked by:
    JustMe'D (02-15-2014)
    JustMe'D likes this.
    iMore Nanite

How long is the quickest you have gotten an unlock for a T-Mobile iPhone 5? I already ordered and need my phone back up and running asap.
    iMore Nanite

Yes, they don't have the best customer service. I paid for the premium unlock and they didn't get in touch with me or anything. I send a twitter message, email, and finally through their web site I submitted a contact page. Finally they got back to me after the contracted date and said they needed 24 more hours and would be getting back to me. They never did. I sent numerous emails and messages through their web site to no avail. I finally had to open a case with Paypal to get my refund. Total scam and attempt to take my money.
    iMore Nanite

If you're services are legit and have a decent turnaround rate I will gladly recommend my customers to you for unlocks. I had a repair and unlock business before but can no longer do unlocks.
    iMore Nanite

Well I paid you for an unlock on a iPhone 5c which was supposed to be within 1 to 7 days, this is the 10th day and I emailed you yesterday and no response yet. I know you are busy since most folks now have the idea that there are no unlocks but a simple one line email would not be too much I would think.

Global Posts
    2,286 Global Posts
    iOS Version

Thanks for letting us know! Helps me out, or the next person.
    64GB iPhone 6 32GB iPhone 5S 64GB iPad 3 LTE 15" MacBook Pro 2.8GHz 21" iMac 2.9GHz i5
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by acadia11 View Post
    Guys have you used them? I ordered from these guys 5s unlock and haven't heard a word from them, luckily I paid with Amex, and they are like dogs in heat when it comes to fraud. Anyone else use them or have any experience?

iDeviceGuys just unlocked my iPhone 5C it was an AT&T phone now it is working on T-Mobile. Four other services supposedly tried to unlock it and just kept my money. IdeviceGuys originally said they could not unlock it and promptly refunded my money. They later contacted me and asked for another try they said they had another idea. With no up front money they unlocked it and it worked! Of course I sent them my money again. They are the real deal as far as I am concerned. I have come to understand that unlocking phone is not a simple process.
    Thanked by:
    lwesterman01 (03-10-2014), Mrluky (09-27-2014)
    lwesterman01 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1 beta 3

Thanks Boblx2

I just want to say that there are a lot of scam artist out there right now when it comes to unlocks. But I have noticed not just here on iMore but on many other forums that unlockers are getting a bad rap and a lot including my self have taken a huge hit because of all the trouble november gave us. I lost a lot of money personally and still continue to lose money because of old bad reviews. But I know myself and many other 'legit' unlockers are working hard to change that.
    Now please keep in mind when placing an unlock that unless your paying top dollar $100+ that there is a chance your phone will not get unlocked the first time. For example I run a $30 att iPhone 4/4S/5 unlock on my site. It runs with about a 90-95% success rate but i usually have a few a week that fail for no reason other then its over the time limit. Nothing wrong with the phone or the unlocker or unlock method. So if something fails I strongly urge you to re-order especially if the unlocker is prompt to refund. (Probably means they are 'legit')and odds are the 2nd time they will get it done pretty quickly. I try to refund most my customers in 24-72 hours from the time the unlock failed and the customer was notified.
    Also when looking at unlockers find reviews, and email them. You will find tons of bad and tons of good reviews. See if they made an attempt to fix the problem or the review. You will find good and bad and i do my best to fix the ones I can.

Thanks again boblx2 for your review glad we got you working

Have a good a day everyone else
    iMore Nanite

Just wanted to share that Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi forum moderator "cowboy" who "runs" the website IDeviceGuys | iPhone and iPad Repair | Unlocks is completely unprofessional and unable to provide the services he said he would. I can’t post this message on Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi because as a moderator he won’t “approve” the message being posted.

Here’s what happened:
    3/20 paid $72.03 to unlock my 5S in 5-10 days
    3/20 "Cowboy" Logan Westerman emails me asking for an extra $20 since I have a 5S but will unlock the phone in 1-3 days
    3/20 Paid the extra $20
    3/23 I email for follow-up, Logan says it'll be done that day or in the morning by the latest
    3/24 Around noon I email for follow-up again.. Logan says it'll be done in a few hours
    3/24 Late that night I email for a follow-up, no reply
    3/25 I threaten opening a PayPal case against Logan unless he refunds my money or unlocks phone
    3/25 Logan promises to have the phone unlocked by the morning
    3/26 No unlock, no refund, no word for Logan - what a joker
    3/26 PayPal claim filed.

Meantime this guy cost me a lot of frustration and time.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    iOS Version
    6.1 beta 3

Quote Originally Posted by scottvd View Post
    Just wanted to share that Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi forum moderator "cowboy" who "runs" the website IDeviceGuys | iPhone and iPad Repair | Unlocks is completely unprofessional and unable to provide the services he said he would. I can’t post this message on Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi because as a moderator he won’t “approve” the message being posted.

Here’s what happened:
    3/20 paid $72.03 to unlock my 5S in 5-10 days
    3/20 "Cowboy" Logan Westerman emails me asking for an extra $20 since I have a 5S but will unlock the phone in 1-3 days
    3/20 Paid the extra $20
    3/23 I email for follow-up, Logan says it'll be done that day or in the morning by the latest
    3/24 Around noon I email for follow-up again.. Logan says it'll be done in a few hours
    3/24 Late that night I email for a follow-up, no reply
    3/25 I threaten opening a PayPal case against Logan unless he refunds my money or unlocks phone
    3/25 Logan promises to have the phone unlocked by the morning
    3/26 No unlock, no refund, no word for Logan - what a joker
    3/26 PayPal claim filed.

Meantime this guy cost me a lot of frustration and time.
    First your post is still up on Modmyi so saying I won't approve it is just funny.
    2nd by the time you made this post and filed a claim you were already refunded.

Thanks
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast