IDeviceGuys unlock is it a scam?

boblx2

Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Guys have you used them? I ordered from these guys 5s unlock and haven't heard a word from them, luckily I paid with Amex, and they are like dogs in heat when it comes to fraud. Anyone else use them or have any experience?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

iDeviceGuys just unlocked my iPhone 5C it was an AT&T phone now it is working on T-Mobile. Four other services supposedly tried to unlock it and just kept my money. IdeviceGuys originally said they could not unlock it and promptly refunded my money. They later contacted me and asked for another try they said they had another idea. With no up front money they unlocked it and it worked! Of course I sent them my money again. :) They are the real deal as far as I am concerned. I have come to understand that unlocking phone is not a simple process.

lwesterman01

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Thanks Boblx2

I just want to say that there are a lot of scam artist out there right now when it comes to unlocks. But I have noticed not just here on iMore but on many other forums that unlockers are getting a bad rap and a lot including my self have taken a huge hit because of all the trouble november gave us. I lost a lot of money personally and still continue to lose money because of old bad reviews. But I know myself and many other 'legit' unlockers are working hard to change that.
Now please keep in mind when placing an unlock that unless your paying top dollar $100+ that there is a chance your phone will not get unlocked the first time. For example I run a $30 att iPhone 4/4S/5 unlock on my site. It runs with about a 90-95% success rate but i usually have a few a week that fail for no reason other then its over the time limit. Nothing wrong with the phone or the unlocker or unlock method. So if something fails I strongly urge you to re-order especially if the unlocker is prompt to refund. (Probably means they are 'legit')and odds are the 2nd time they will get it done pretty quickly. I try to refund most my customers in 24-72 hours from the time the unlock failed and the customer was notified.
Also when looking at unlockers find reviews, and email them. You will find tons of bad and tons of good reviews. See if they made an attempt to fix the problem or the review. You will find good and bad and i do my best to fix the ones I can.

Thanks again boblx2 for your review glad we got you working

Have a good a day everyone else

scottvd

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Just wanted to share that Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi forum moderator "cowboy" who "runs" the website IDeviceGuys | iPhone and iPad Repair | Unlocks is completely unprofessional and unable to provide the services he said he would. I can?t post this message on Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi because as a moderator he won?t ?approve? the message being posted.

Here?s what happened:
3/20 paid $72.03 to unlock my 5S in 5-10 days
3/20 "Cowboy" Logan Westerman emails me asking for an extra $20 since I have a 5S but will unlock the phone in 1-3 days
3/20 Paid the extra $20
3/23 I email for follow-up, Logan says it'll be done that day or in the morning by the latest
3/24 Around noon I email for follow-up again.. Logan says it'll be done in a few hours
3/24 Late that night I email for a follow-up, no reply
3/25 I threaten opening a PayPal case against Logan unless he refunds my money or unlocks phone
3/25 Logan promises to have the phone unlocked by the morning
3/26 No unlock, no refund, no word for Logan - what a joker
3/26 PayPal claim filed.

Meantime this guy cost me a lot of frustration and time.

lwesterman01

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Just wanted to share that Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi forum moderator "cowboy" who "runs" the website IDeviceGuys | iPhone and iPad Repair | Unlocks is completely unprofessional and unable to provide the services he said he would. I can’t post this message on Apple, iPhone and iPad News | ModMyi because as a moderator he won’t “approve” the message being posted.

Here’s what happened:
3/20 paid $72.03 to unlock my 5S in 5-10 days
3/20 "Cowboy" Logan Westerman emails me asking for an extra $20 since I have a 5S but will unlock the phone in 1-3 days
3/20 Paid the extra $20
3/23 I email for follow-up, Logan says it'll be done that day or in the morning by the latest
3/24 Around noon I email for follow-up again.. Logan says it'll be done in a few hours
3/24 Late that night I email for a follow-up, no reply
3/25 I threaten opening a PayPal case against Logan unless he refunds my money or unlocks phone
3/25 Logan promises to have the phone unlocked by the morning
3/26 No unlock, no refund, no word for Logan - what a joker
3/26 PayPal claim filed.

Meantime this guy cost me a lot of frustration and time.

First your post is still up on Modmyi so saying I won't approve it is just funny.
2nd by the time you made this post and filed a claim you were already refunded.

Thanks

ajl

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
First your post is still up on Modmyi so saying I won't approve it is just funny.
2nd by the time you made this post and filed a claim you were already refunded.

Thanks

Still a bit preposterous that it took this long in the first place, am I right? Out of curiosity, what's wrong with just refunding him as soon as requested?

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums

lwesterman01

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Nothing, other then on the 26th he sent 3 emails before opening a claim 2 of which I was asleep, I am human just like everyone else, so then by his 3rd I just hadn't had a chance to respond two, he kept replying to the same email as well and anyone familiar with gmail knows that it threads conversations and pushes new emails to the top with the 2 older ones. I get a lot of emails, I have a lot of website traffic, and I try my best to answer emails in the order they are received but if you keep responding to the same email thread, 30,45, an hour apart it keeps moving you up on the list. So by the time i got to his third email he opened a claim. I saw what happened got the order canceled and with in 5-10 minutes of the claim I went a submitted the refund.

Now lets talk about few things I want to touch on.
Everyone in this game is a middleman I dont care if you go to Me(IDeviceGuys), Chronic, SwiftUnlocks, etc we are all middlemen. Some of us have good connections with a source some dont, some unlocker go through multiple middleman its just crazy, anyone claiming to be "direct" I can almost guarantee there lying. Anywho my point to this is lets say you want to cancel an unlock. (Keep in mind most unlockers won't do this) I go ok I go to my source and go hey i need to cancel 0133XXXXXXXXIMEI. As soon as I get the OK its cancel i can refund, often times what happens though is my source will try to get it pushed up and done, but at times it doesn't happen. But to keep my self secured I got to make sure I get it confirmed canceled. Then I can submit refund usually its pretty quick depending on the time of day

Now I am not going to down play this at all, but what I am going to say is because of what happened today I made some huge changes to my site to better help my customers and myself, to help set better expectations and hopefully overall give a better experience. I am not perfect I don't claim to be I make mistakes this business is a hard business, because i am not selling a physical or even digital good, I am providing a digital service. Which as far as I know there is really only a few things i can think of that are digital services, and its a hard market.

But i dont run and hide I confront most things if I can see them or they are brought to my attention because I want to be active and I want my side to the reason why something happened or didn't happen to be heard. And i know what you all are thinking going well this is the third person in this thread too have a bad experience, well one had a bad experience and i wouldn't even say bad experience just not what he wanted turn good, I try to make things as right as I can. I don't like wasting people time, and even more I hate refunding because that means I am losing money, and I know no one likes losing money.

Thats all I have for know

thanks,

Logan Westerman
Owner Of IDeviceGuys,LLC

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Nothing, other then on the 26th he sent 3 emails before opening a claim 2 of which I was asleep, I am human just like everyone else, so then by his 3rd I just hadn't had a chance to respond two, he kept replying to the same email as well and anyone familiar with gmail knows that it threads conversations and pushes new emails to the top with the 2 older ones. I get a lot of emails, I have a lot of website traffic, and I try my best to answer emails in the order they are received but if you keep responding to the same email thread, 30,45, an hour apart it keeps moving you up on the list. So by the time i got to his third email he opened a claim. I saw what happened got the order canceled and with in 5-10 minutes of the claim I went a submitted the refund.

Now lets talk about few things I want to touch on.
Everyone in this game is a middleman I dont care if you go to Me(IDeviceGuys), Chronic, SwiftUnlocks, etc we are all middlemen. Some of us have good connections with a source some dont, some unlocker go through multiple middleman its just crazy, anyone claiming to be "direct" I can almost guarantee there lying. Anywho my point to this is lets say you want to cancel an unlock. (Keep in mind most unlockers won't do this) I go ok I go to my source and go hey i need to cancel 0133XXXXXXXXIMEI. As soon as I get the OK its cancel i can refund, often times what happens though is my source will try to get it pushed up and done, but at times it doesn't happen. But to keep my self secured I got to make sure I get it confirmed canceled. Then I can submit refund usually its pretty quick depending on the time of day

Now I am not going to down play this at all, but what I am going to say is because of what happened today I made some huge changes to my site to better help my customers and myself, to help set better expectations and hopefully overall give a better experience. I am not perfect I don't claim to be I make mistakes this business is a hard business, because i am not selling a physical or even digital good, I am providing a digital service. Which as far as I know there is really only a few things i can think of that are digital services, and its a hard market.

But i dont run and hide I confront most things if I can see them or they are brought to my attention because I want to be active and I want my side to the reason why something happened or didn't happen to be heard. And i know what you all are thinking going well this is the third person in this thread too have a bad experience, well one had a bad experience and i wouldn't even say bad experience just not what he wanted turn good, I try to make things as right as I can. I don't like wasting people time, and even more I hate refunding because that means I am losing money, and I know no one likes losing money.

Thats all I have for know

thanks,

Logan Westerman
Owner Of IDeviceGuys,LLC

It's safe to say that your stock just went up....:)

sickchilly

Jan 8, 2010
Visit site
I placed orders with iDeviceGuys on April 3rd to get my iPhone 5 and 5s unlocked for an upcoming trip to Asia. Too early to comment on their success of course, but their responsiveness on this forum definitely influenced my decision to give them a shot. I bought the slightly slower 100% success service for both.

austriak

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I filled out the AT&T request for unlocking my iPhone 5s last week and after a couple days I got declined because I am still on contract. Yesterday, I did an online chat with AT&T and within a couple hours, they unlocked my phone. It is worth trying this route, which is free.

lwesterman01

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
I filled out the AT&T request for unlocking my iPhone 5s last week and after a couple days I got declined because I am still on contract. Yesterday, I did an online chat with AT&T and within a couple hours, they unlocked my phone. It is worth trying this route, which is free.

I recommend trying the carriers first sometime you get a nice rep but for a lot of people its not always that easy especially if they dont have an account with the carrier the phone is locked to often times.

lwesterman01

Oct 20, 2012
Visit site
Care to update sickchilly?

Are you asking me or him?
If its to me I can't because I am not sure what his IMEI or Email is based off a username on this forum to look up an order.

Side note guys if you have a question about an order or questions before placing an order, I would recommend emailing me other then pm'ing if at all possible. I try to check the forums as much as I can but I just started working a second job on top of doing all this and a few side projects i got going so its hard to find the time especially during the week. So if you pm me I am not attentional ignoring you I just havent had the time to check and respond.
Thanks

gusereno

Mar 25, 2014
Visit site
I have submitted for a 6 day unlock about 8 or 9 business days ago and yet have no gotten my unlock. Or have I heard back from anyone when trying to contact them.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I recommend trying the carriers first sometime you get a nice rep but for a lot of people its not always that easy especially if they dont have an account with the carrier the phone is locked to often times.

On your site you say 80 percent done what's that mean ?

Sent from my iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Ankur Jain3

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I have taken 100% unlock service 3 times and everytime there was no luck. Service really sucks and you dont get email reply easily.. You have to mail him at least 5 times to get a response. At the end of waste of time..:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

destruere9

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Hi all, after reading the good reviews for IDeviceGuys I decided to go ahead to purchase an unlock. Sad to say, the service I've received thus far has not been up to my expectations based on these reviews. Here's my service experience:

TL;DR: I purchased a 1-6 business days unlock but have yet to receive an outcome or a refund on the 11th business day. You have to reach out to IDeviceGuys for a reply; they do not always reply consistently if at all.

1. Purchased "At&t (All Models) Speedy Unlock (1-6 Business days) 100% Done Item" on 24 April.
2. Did not hear anything for 5 business days. Sent a follow-up email on 2 May (6th business day).
3. Received a reply on the same day: "I will take a look shortly".
4. Did not receive a reply and followed-up again on 6 May (8th business day).
5. Received a reply on the same day: "If i dont know by morning i will refund".
6. Did not receive a reply or receive a refund. Sent another follow-up email on 7 May (9th business day).
7. Did not receive a reply. Sent a PM to "lwesterman01" on this forum on 8 May (10th business day).
8. Have yet to receive a reply; it is now May 9 (11th business day).

Will post updates on the unlock as soon as I receive them.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox