Question about camera flash on 5S

mamutarka

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

When I took photos in dark, flash maybe lasts too long, or it isn't, thats why I opened this thread.

I recorded it and you can see on this link, is it normal or not?

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Focus the camera then take the photo and it'll be near instant.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
No focusing is just tapping the screen - you'll see the square blink twice AF/AE lock is like for micro pictures and stuff. It is normal to last that long because it's using both flashes to get the right temperature to get the colors right.

avmsam

Aug 18, 2009
Visit site
the 5S has those different coloured dual led flashes on the back, i think Apple calls it "true tone flash". in most other phones when you hear dual led flash it means that it's brighter but Apple went a different direction in aiming for more accurate rather than brighter. so what it's doing is trying to analyze the subject of the picture and produce a specific flash "colour/tone" that will give the best picture instead of washing out or reflecting. so the phone turns on the flash, analyzes then the real flash with proper tone kicks in and it takes the pic. so i'm guessing that the reason that it helps if you focus before you take pic is because then it already knows what type of flash to produce since you've told it what you want to focus on.

hope that helps. if i haven't explained it well, just google "true tone flash 5s" and i'm sure there's articles that do a better job than me.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
The flash is waiting for the light output and focus to balance properly before taking the actual picture (and intensifying the flash's light output to get even more immersing). It sits there when the focus is fluctuating or trying to distinguish an objects depth...if you use the option for fixed focus, the flash should be more instantaneous.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Even tried a home button+power button restart?

Yeah, it's still off though but it's not enough to complain. My friends are pretty much use to the delay now.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2