Google Play Music

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone use this app? If so, do you like it? Do you like using it with iTunes (it automatically uploads new music you download to iTunes to Google Play)..?

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't, but I rarely buy music. I usually have it streamed to my device via iTunes Radio or another audio streaming service.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone use this app? If so, do you like it? Do you like using it with iTunes (it automatically uploads new music you download to iTunes to Google Play)..?

I use it and all of the music I upload to iTunes is automatically uploaded. I've been doing this for years. I was using an app made for iOS before google even had an iOS app for it. Helps me transfer music from my MacBook to my iMac and vice versa too.

Sent from my [Gold] iPhone 5s

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
I use it and all of the music I upload to iTunes is automatically uploaded. I've been doing this for years. I was using an app made for iOS before google even had an iOS app for it. Helps me transfer music from my MacBook to my iMac and vice versa too.

Sounds great :) thank you!

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I use it because I hate syncing my phone to a single computer.

So Google Play Music is how I get mp3s to my phone.

I do also sync it to my iTunes purchases because I have an android tablet I use sometimes. It works well; I don't even have to think about it.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
All of my purchased music was uploaded to Google several years ago. So I use it & it works great.
But I use iTunes Radio for other needs.
Good Luck

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Same here. Works great!!!

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Not available in Canada... :(
I guess I'm sticking to iTunes Radio for now...

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

rayz336

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I use it because I hate syncing my phone to a single computer.

So Google Play Music is how I get mp3s to my phone.

I do also sync it to my iTunes purchases because I have an android tablet I use sometimes. It works well; I don't even have to think about it.

This is a pretty good use, I didn't really think about that

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
Not available in Canada... :(
I guess I'm sticking to iTunes Radio for now...

If you have access to iTunes Radio, don't you have a US-based iTunes account? If so, just download the Google Play Music app... Oh, but maybe you mean for All Access. Right, that's annoying.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
If you have access to iTunes Radio, don't you have a US-based iTunes account? If so, just download the Google Play Music app... Oh, but maybe you mean for All Access. Right, that's annoying.

VPNs don't work any more with google music so I can't sign up at all now since my google account is Canadian. Oh well, at least I have iTunes Radio (though it's very laggy on my 5th gen iPod touch). And yes I use my US iTunes account for iTunes Radio.

TurboTiger

Nov 27, 2003
Visit site
FYI: on my MackBook Air I can't get Google Play to play using Safati.
I can access the site but can't get the songs to play
I have to us FireFox.

Good Luck

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
VPNs don't work any more with google music so I can't sign up at all now since my google account is Canadian. Oh well, at least I have iTunes Radio (though it's very laggy on my 5th gen iPod touch). And yes I use my US iTunes account for iTunes Radio.

Ah, that's annoying.

I use Google Play Music to back up my music collection and put it on other devices, but never even tried to get All Access, as I'm Canada-based now.

Wish the Canadian rights-holders would just jump in with these services -- I want to spend the money, just provide an equally good service!

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
This is a pretty good use, I didn't really think about that

My hatred for the iTunes software in Windows is long-standing. Made me jump ship to Android for awhile, but once iCloud was introduced, I was able to come back to Apple devices and be a digital nomad. :)

I figure with Apple build quality and Google-supported apps, we have the best of both worlds with our iPhones and iPads.

Aguaski

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I figure with Apple build quality and Google-supported apps, we have the best of both worlds with our iPhones and iPads.

I totally agree with this. The Apple iPhone is the best Google phone. I use every Google service on my iPhone and I have no desire to jump back to Android. Been there, done that, and now I am quite happy with how Google services run on my superior iPhone.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
So all tunes I have on android cam now be accessed w that app? If so that's cool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All tunes that you have uploaded to Google Music Manager can be accessed through it.

So provided you're using Google's services and not another provider's, then yes. (You may have to move stuff, if you were.)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2