Back of iPhone 5S (black) losing color

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Hummm, maybe it's not a "real" iPhone. This is very peculiar and unheard of ....NOT exactly sure what to think

meashishnd

Jul 11, 2013
Visit site
ohhh listen first time like this case in iphone may be possible in some rare peace . so have you shown to service center ?

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
There is also possiblity it was causing from OP life style..for example put the phone naked on any rough surface without knowing it and become habit..i my self, never pun any of my phone on any surface without puting some soft napkin or tissue on below of my phone..my friend think im crazy..but i think i am a paranoid kind of person..😝

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I've checked out the back of my 5S just to see if there are any flaws. It looks as good as day one.

HAWK

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Obviously there is something going on with the way you handle your phone, and its very possible that is it something on your hands causing this to happen. secondly you should buy a case, even the new apple cases are pretty damn close to naked but will protect the bezel and back of the phone from whatever is causing this to happen. if your leather case starts falling apart from your "oils", you should go see professor x you may be the next member of the x men with supernatural corrosive hand oils.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Obviously there is something going on with the way you handle your phone, and its very possible that is it something on your hands causing this to happen. secondly you should buy a case, even the new apple cases are pretty damn close to naked but will protect the bezel and back of the phone from whatever is causing this to happen. if your leather case starts falling apart from your "oils", you should go see professor x you may be the next member of the x men with supernatural corrosive hand oils.

LOL

Andrey Irra Salazar

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
Just reviving this for the sake of information. Same thing happened to me and it was caused by metal constantly rubing against metal.

I had one of those ferrari socks because i wanted to use the phone naked. After being used for a few months in my pants I could clearly see the back of the iPhone like the one in this thread. In my case the discoloration had the form of the zipper and the entire zip line that the sock has.

HankAZ

Banned
Jul 26, 2012
Visit site
Just reviving this for the sake of information. Same thing happened to me and it was caused by metal constantly rubing against metal.

I had one of those ferrari socks because i wanted to use the phone naked. After being used for a few months in my pants I could clearly see the back of the iPhone like the one in this thread. In my case the discoloration had the form of the zipper and the entire zip line that the sock has.

So, in addition to resurrecting a thread that was over 10 months old, you admitted that the problem was caused by the way you handled/treated your phone? Thanks for sharing.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2