Bluetooth and battery life

moloes

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Bluetooth turned on will discharge your battery marginally quicker.

Sent from my iPad using iMore Forums mobile app

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Well leaving Bluetooth on will consume a little more battery but it's designed to draw a small amount I leave it on for tracking my keys and it's not that big of a hit

But if you don't need it turn it off its simple using Control Center and most devices reconnect automatically when turned back on

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I keep bluetooth on 24/7 & haven't really experienced any significant draining. I get about 7hrs use & a day standby

But if you don't need it turn it off its simple using Control Center and most devices reconnect automatically when turned back on

I agree though…if you don't need it, turn it off.

Last edited:

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I've got my jawbone up24 and pebble connected via Bluetooth at all times and it doesn't drain the battery much more than with bt turned off. That said, if I don't need it, I do turn it off.

iRiidium

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
I've got my jawbone up24 and pebble connected via Bluetooth at all times and it doesn't drain the battery much more than with bt turned off. That said, if I don't need it, I do turn it off.

Really. I'd read that the Pebble was a iPhone battery vampire. So, that's not true in your experience, eh? I really wanted to get a Pebble but stayed away because of the battery draining thing.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Really. I'd read that the Pebble was a iPhone battery vampire. So, that's not true in your experience, eh? I really wanted to get a Pebble but stayed away because of the battery draining thing.

Sent from my iridium iPad Air LTE 

Yes. Really and truly. It surprised me as well. I can make it all day without a charge. I always plug it in at night but I am usually only down to 20-45% by then so still juice left.

KbearHarris

Oct 21, 2014
Visit site
It depends on where you're located. If you live in a city like New York or similar you can expect a super fast drain both from Wifi and Bluetooth, if you live in the rural Midwest, don't expect much of an effect.

In a city, your wifi and bluetooth capable phone will almost never stop being stimulated (much of which is, unfortunately, from private retail companies tracking your location).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR