Apps automatically killed if I join corporate wifi network - why?

bnarasimhan

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi - I am helping a client in a hospital setting. They have a guest wifi network for patients and a private wifi network for docs. The doc's devices automatically join the hospital's private network and they dont have to do the "I agree" button every time - which the docs prefer not to do. However, there is a different issue.

If the doc joins the corporate wifi network, a certain app that is critical for them loses its context when put on background and asks them to login again (as though it was killed in the background). So the doc is on the app, it works. They minimize it and take a phone call, etc., and then come back in about 10 mins and the app asks them to go through a long login process.

If the doc "forgets" the corporate wifi network (Settings - Wifi - Forget this network), then the app has no problems remembering the context. It comes right back up and is in working condition - no need to login again.

What should the hospital IT tweak so the context is not lost by the apps on the physician's mobile devices?

Please help. thanks

Last edited:

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
I'm trying to understand something. Is the corporate wifi network the private one you referred to that is just for the physicians? And if so, are you saying the doctors regularly switch between the two wifi networks?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner