Today, it seems that my phone has started lagging while editing texts

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
it has seemed today that my phone has started lagging in editing texts. when you hold down the word to scroll to edit it lags.

Sent from my 5s iPhone using iMore Forums mobile app

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Sometimes that happens to me on certain documents. I still haven't found a solution to that besides restoring and even that didn't permanently fix it.

Chris Cook5

Sep 2, 2013
Visit site
More specific?
What a kind text?
I never lagging when editing text

I don't really know how to explain it well, but when I would hold down the text to edit (every day texts) & move my finger to move it the courser, the big window would get hung up for a few sec. only happened on one of my people I was texting

finn5975

Banned
Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I don't really know how to explain it well, but when I would hold down the text to edit (every day texts) & move my finger to move it the courser, the big window would get hung up for a few sec. only happened on one of my people I was texting

Keep an eye on it and see if it continues. Often times when discussing our experiences, we like to throw around terms like 'never happened', 'flawless experience',etc when in reality, these types of minor nuances have likely occurred to us too, if even just one time. But if something only happened randomly one time....we are not likely to even recollect it.

If you have only experienced this once or twice, it very well could be chalked up to the fact that we are using complex electronic devices that simply are not perfect. If it happens regularly, then it is another story and may warrant a trip to the Apple store or a call to Tech Support after you have tried the other remedies available to you (such as a soft reset, hard reset, restore, etc).

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
I've just noticed this today. Only when double tapping to highlight text in the Messages.app though. So weird.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: today the double tap to highlight and edit text seems to be functioning as normal. I did a complete settings reset then restarted my iPhone by holding the home and lock buttons until it shut off itself. Seems to have worked. I'll report back if anything changes. Good luck!

Sent from my Space Gray iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73