Is there a way to call a contact using the dial pad?

djjuice

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
is there a way to do this on ios 7? i'll admit I'm a convert from android to ios. (we'll leave that argument for another day)

I'm using to just dialing the numbers that correspond to the name of a friend, family member, etc.. and that name display and then call that contact (e.g. 323 would be "dad")
is there a similar way to do this on the iphone?

thanks!

o4liberty

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
I use Siri and find it much simpler than number dialing. If you go to the App Store there are apps for what you are looking for.

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
is there a way to do this on ios 7? i'll admit I'm a convert from android to ios. (we'll leave that argument for another day)

I'm using to just dialing the numbers that correspond to the name of a friend, family member, etc.. and that name display and then call that contact (e.g. 323 would be "dad")

thanks!

I miss that too but have since gotten used to using the contacts app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
I use a app called Buzz Contacts to do this. I've been using since the summer of 2012 when I got a 4S on iOS 6.
I tried finding it in the App Store and couldn't find it. I searched for it through my purchased apps but it's no listing in the App Store they must have removed it. It was made by Savvy Apps

Update:

I found this on Savvy Apps support page.

Why is Buzz Contacts no longer in the App Store?
Buzz Contacts has always been limited on iOS by not having access to call history, voicemails, and similar items. With the arrival of iOS 7, we had hoped to see progress on these fronts. Since that is not the case, we unfortunately could not justify further investment into this app and decided to remove it from the App Store.
Effective September 18, 2013, we will no longer be providing support for Buzz Contacts. The knowledge base will be left open for a period of time to assist answering the most common questions.

Fausty82

Jun 23, 2010
Visit site

thanks!

And it would be incredibly prophetic if one dialed their ex wife (the kids' Mom) by dialing 666. #irony

Last edited:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

thanks!

I've been waiting on this feature since I left Android a year and a half ago. This mess still irks me to this day. I have hopes that 1 day it will happen...I won't hold my breath though:sick:

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I've been waiting on this feature since I left Android a year and a half ago. This mess still irks me to this day. I have hopes that 1 day it will happen...I won't hold my breath though:sick:

I couldn't remember "dad" is 323 along with 15 other close family members...I use Siri much easier.

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
just set them as a favorite

iPhone doesn't do speed dial

that's old school

He's not talking about speed dial really. He's saying for instance the name of the person is mom you would type the numbers that correspond with the letters of the name on the keypad. So it would be 666 for mom and t would also work if you started typing out the actual phone it would suggest the number you're trying to call so you don't have to finish typing it like you do now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
This is the app Buzz Contacts that use. Unfortunately it was discontinued.

9unanyse.jpg

anon3230140

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
@iEd

Just thought I'd let you know that I know you stole the CrookedI/SlaughterHouse lyrics and remixed it as your own. I know Steve Jobs was into biting and jacking innovations but yo.. don't do that with Hip-Hop please.:cant-watch:

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I couldn't remember "dad" is 323 along with 15 other close family members...I use Siri much easier.

Siri & I aren't really on speaking terms right now plus he (I changed the voice) never understands the last names and I have yet to add nicknames to everyone.

@iEd

Just thought I'd let you know that I know you stole the CrookedI/SlaughterHouse lyrics and remixed it as your own. I know Steve Jobs was into biting and jacking innovations but yo.. don't do that with Hip-Hop please.:cant-watch:

Anyone into Hip Hop knows those lyrics came from "The What" by Biggie. Its not like he's trying to sell them for profit, its just a signature.

iEd

Banned
Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
@iEd

What in the hell are you taking about? My sig is from The What, Biggie and Method Man.

"Biggie Smalls is the illest, your style is played out
Like Arnold wondered, "What you talkin 'bout Willis?"

You think I'm claiming this as my own? it's just a play on a quote

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73