iCloud taking forever to backup.

anon(4110489)

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Dear all, sorry if this is the 700th time to see such iCloud related posts.

I upgraded my iCloud account yesterday from the basic free 5GB to a 15GB and paying the 20$ yearly subscription.

There was already a backup on the old 5GB which was a 2.9GB back up and since i purchased extra storage i decided to toggle on my "Camera Roll" to be backed up to my iCloud. And now the total backup size for my iPhone is 9.9GB. Now i have been sitting around the phone for an hour and it says "Estimating time left" and then after this hour finally it said 29 hours remaining. My upload internet speed is 1.69 Mbps with a download speed of 7.14 Mbps. So can you please tell me if this is only a number it displays and not an actual waiting time and will take less time to back up or will i be waiting for the 29 hours to pass by.

Another question. If i had to wait for the 29 hours and i unplugged the device and disconnected from the Wi-Fi to go to work, will it cancel the backup or pause then when i'm back home it'll resume? Thanks a lot.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Since your upload speed is 1.69 Mbps it will take awhile to upload 9.9GB (at a consistent rate of 1.5 Mbps it should take about 15 hours)

Sent from my 5th gen iPod touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
In addition to acerace113's reply, there were issues with multiple Apple services today, and it is possible that the kinks are still be worked out.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks a lot! Do you have any idea if the backup is paused when im disconnected from the Wi-Fi or canceled?
My initial guess is that it is paused, but I would have to double-check to make sure. What you can do is do an iTunes backup while the iCloud situation gets corrected. At least you'll have a backup available.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73