How does the Lumia 1020 compare to iPhone 5S?

dustlane

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone here had the opportunity to use both extensively? I am somewhat familiar with Windows Phone and I currently own a 5S. I really like Windows Phone and I am not locked into Apple's ecosystem. I am considering making the switch but I don't know anyone who owns a 1020 to give input.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Never owned it, but did very much like the 920 for some time, as it was the phone that came closest to making me consider a switch (just for curiosities sake). I actually had my buddies for about 2 days, and just couldn't get used to the tile system setup (one of the reasons I can't stand my Xbox One's new UI as well). Camera is amazing as one would imagine, and the phone seemed decently quick in real world performance...but that damn tile system...no thanks.

EmceeGeek

Dec 1, 2010
Visit site
I don't like Windows Phones, I owned an HTC HD2 back in the day and could not consider going back. However, I do love the interface on my xbox one, just the opposite of Sean! Lol

I would love the 1020 for the camera, but nothing pass that. To be fair, I would ask this question in the windows phone forums too because they can give you more incite on that phone since you own a 5s already. There also may be some former iPhone users there too, maybe not 5s users.

I will tell you though, the 64 bit (A7) chip in the 5s has impressed me more than any iPhone has yet! Some people aren't seeing the big deal or big difference yet because apps that work with the A7 aren't available yet or because they're not jailbroken like me but that alone makes me want to stick with the 5s for a while to see what it can do. I personally get excited about those type of things. Not sure that would make a difference to you but performance alone is amazing.

pr1nce

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I've never owned a Windows phone. Obviously, I prefer the 5S. Try it out and use whichever device works for you. Good luck! :)

Speedygi

Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I think, although it doesn't present much competition to iOS at the moment, WP does have some really good points: the Metro UI looks awesome as are the app menus, a better keyboard than iOS and a better camera. Additionally, Windows Phone just has more features for the buck than iPhones, arguably (but it can be argued that the premium build of the iPhone more than justifies its price). That is as far as the advantages it has over iOS goes.

iOS wins in the app department, with the depth and the consistency and, at present, the feature set it provides. IPhones beat Windows Phones in the build quality at present as well.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

CDG

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
I really like WP and had the 900 and the 820. The UI is smooth and quick and I loved the tiles.

It's only drawback for me is the lack of a must have apps for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dustlane

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
The app selection, or lack there of, is not that big of a deal to me. I can make do with what's available. Some people think I'm crazy but I really like the size of my 5S. In the end that may be the deciding factor. Although if the rumors are true about the upcoming iPhone, the current smaller more pocketable size may no longer be a factor. Thanks for all the response guys.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2