Does the iphone work w/BT headsets to voice dial w/o having to open an app?

Motorman 606

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
I could not find this in any of the previous threads, so if it is there already sorry to bring this up again. I'm researching to figure out which phone I will purchase next.
I am not an Iphone user and really not much of an Apple fan (I can't even work an Ipod correctly) I'm not a dummy, I just can't make Apple's OS work for me. I was forced from BB to Android when my local provider sold out to Verizon. I currently use an android phone but am frustrated by the lack of BT voice dialing. So my question is as follows: Does the iphone work with BT headsets to voice dial without having to open an app or physically manipulate the phone?
I spend a lot of time on a motorcycle with a bluetooth headset (Sena SMH10) and it is not possible or advisable to attempt to manipulate the phone while riding. But I do have occasions when I need to place a call and am currently unable to do so. Any information would be appreciated.

BB_Junky

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
I found the BT works great with any type of device ive added to mine so hopefully your helmet is no different. A buddy of mine has a riding helmet as well and ive only heard him complain during the colder months when using it.

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD

kilen71

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I just came to iOS after using Android for five years. Voice dialing using Siri works perfectly with my Plantronics Voyager Legend. I just push and hold the headset button. Voice dialing on Android using Google Now worked well too, but getting the headset button to open Google Now was hit and miss at best. Using S-Voice on a Samsung Galaxy S4 and Note 2 never worked well for me. Hope this helps!

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I could not find this in any of the previous threads, so if it is there already sorry to bring this up again. I'm researching to figure out which phone I will purchase next.
I am not an Iphone user and really not much of an Apple fan (I can't even work an Ipod correctly) I'm not a dummy, I just can't make Apple's OS work for me. I was forced from BB to Android when my local provider sold out to Verizon. I currently use an android phone but am frustrated by the lack of BT voice dialing. So my question is as follows: Does the iphone work with BT headsets to voice dial without having to open an app or physically manipulate the phone?
I spend a lot of time on a motorcycle with a bluetooth headset (Sena SMH10) and it is not possible or advisable to attempt to manipulate the phone while riding. But I do have occasions when I need to place a call and am currently unable to do so. Any information would be appreciated.
Having just left a job in the Motorcycle business for the last 8 years and an avid rider myself of course, Cardio and J&M and a few other well made and well known bluetooth companies have an external device that snaps onto the your helmet with a speaker in the helmet ear area. Once paired to your phone which you can keep in your pocket or buy a phone cradle for your bike that attaches to the handlebars once before you start off turn on the headset and you are good to....Want to make a call, Speak into it and give the number or name if in your contacts and it will call your number and by saying answer on an incoming it will allow you to take the call. Look up Cardio which is the most known to all motorcycle riders.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73