Un media a ete suprime.
Un media se ha quitado"

Anyone know why this would happen? I can receive picture messages fine

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Regular iPhone sms app

I don't know. I can only assume that the media file was removed somehow while being transmitted. The file could have been too large, corrupted, infected, or whatever, but I'm only speculating. I have no idea why you got that particular message.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
SMS doesn't send media files...that is sent over iMessage or MMS. If you do not have MMS turned on, this is an error you will receive. You could also receive this error if you have iMessage turned off and the network you are connected to (whether cellular or WiFi) is too weak to process the data through.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
iMessage doesn't work with my cell phone network yet so it's just sms and I do have wifi on but i am also using my network and I have 3-4 bars so strange

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
iMessage doesn't work with my cell phone network yet so it's just sms and I do have wifi on but i am also using my network and I have 3-4 bars so strange

If network doesn't support iMessage or mms then that's why .. If both of you have iMessage on and you have wifi on it should work

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
So a friend tried sending me a picture and I got a error message saying
"A media has been removed.
Un media a ete suprime.
Un media se ha quitado"

Anyone know why this would happen? I can receive picture messages fine
OK Let me ask you a clarification question.... You just said on a friend sending you a pic YOU received an error message saying a Media has been removed. Then you said that YOU can receive pics just fine. If you can receive pics just fine why did you get an error message on him attempting to send you a pic. See that does not make any sense to me.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
OK Let me ask you a clarification question.... You just said on a friend sending you a pic YOU received an error message saying a Media has been removed. Then you said that YOU can receive pics just fine. If you can receive pics just fine why did you get an error message on him attempting to send you a pic. See that does not make any sense to me.

Me either, I get picture messages fine but some that get sent me I get that message and for some I don't I asked my provider they said ask apple

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
Still getting

A Picture/Video Message!
A media has been removed.
Un media a ete suprime.
Un media se ha quitado

I asked my cell provider they said apple didn't let it come through :/

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Still getting

A Picture/Video Message!
A media has been removed.
Un media a ete suprime.
Un media se ha quitado

I asked my cell provider they said apple didn't let it come through :/

I did a bit more research on this and apparently there is a file size limit of 300kb when receiving mms messages on wind.

Also someone has said there is an issue with Rogers and wind with mms messages (not sure if this is true or not).

And that "error" message was sent from the carrier, not from the phone itself.

Sent from my iPhone 5S or 5th gen iPod Touch using Tapatalk

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh my god thank you so much, that makes a lot of sense! I love how they blamed apple -.-

The iPhone is not 'officially' supported on wind so you'll run into these types of problems.

also for next time say what carrier in what country you are using cause it helps a lot (I knew what you use from your past posts ;) ).

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The iPhone is not 'officially' supported on wind so you'll run into these types of problems.

also for next time say what carrier and country cause it helps a lot (I knew what you use from your past posts ;) ).

Sorry!! Lol tired of saying Wind lol I know they aren't and I don't mind the lack of features I just like to know the reason behind it

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Sorry!! Lol tired of saying Wind lol I know they aren't and I don't mind the lack of features I just like to know the reason behind it

So far no one knows why. The only thing I can add to it is that cellular data has to be on to send & receive mms messages in Canada.

jaleelhamid

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site
The reason I love APPLE! I put in 9000 in the mms max size which would be 9GB it was originally blank and I got my friend to send the pic again and it worked!
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1390319910.739435.jpgI

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2