Bluetooth not finding anything

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
I have a MacBook Air, iPhone 5s and an iPad Air Wifi and neither of them can find each other. My MacBook has no problem finding other Bluetooth items but my phone and iPad can't find anything. My wife has a Jambox and neither my phone nor my iPad have been able to find it. This is an issue for me since I just got a new Bluetooth headset and use MyWi and would like to tether through Bluetooth since the wifi tether option doesn't seem to work. Anyone else experience this? It can't be both things can it? Any help would be appreciated.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Are you certain the device(s) you're trying to pair with is in discovery mode? Have you tried rebooting your iOS devices and trying again?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I have a MacBook Air, iPhone 5s and an iPad Air Wifi and neither of them can find each other. My MacBook has no problem finding other Bluetooth items but my phone and iPad can't find anything. My wife has a Jambox and neither my phone nor my iPad have been able to find it. This is an issue for me since I just got a new Bluetooth headset and use MyWi and would like to tether through Bluetooth since the wifi tether option doesn't seem to work. Anyone else experience this? It can't be both things can it? Any help would be appreciated.

You'll never connect to the MacBook Air or another iOS device using bluetooth. It's not part of the iOS devices bluetooth profile. This is why you are finding it difficult.

Bluetooth on IOS devices is meant for bluetooth keyboards, headsets, car stereos, and for purpose of tethering to a computer or phone,.

Jtshurtleff

Oct 29, 2009
Visit site
Okay we'll that wouldn't explain why it wouldn't connect to a Bluetooth speaker and how would you connect to a Bluetooth MyWi connection?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2