Lower volume button is loose

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So the lower volume button on my phone is loose, and whenever I tap on it, it makes a faint but noticeable click noise. Now, it's not a huge issue and I wouldn't replace the phone because of it, but if I were to bring it in for a Genius appointment would they be able to tighten it up so it doesn't have any give? It's not a deal breaker, but it's just something that annoys me knowing it's there and wondering if there's a fix.

Thanks.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
The volume buttons on my iPhone 5 are sturdy and make a clicking sound when pressed. Anyway, whether or not the Geniuses at Apple can tighten your volume buttons, I don't know. Go ahead and make an appointment and find out. Afterwards, give us an update...:)

Last edited:

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
The volume buttons on my iPhone 5 are sturdy and make a clicking sound when pressed. Anyway, whether or not the Geniuses and Apple can tighten your volume buttons, I don't know. Go ahead and make an appointment and find out. Afterwards, give us an update...:)

I've read in the past that Apple stores can't/won't tighten buttons if they're loose, but I don't have personal experience with the issue and therefore cannot attest to the statement (at least not regarding the iPhone's volume keys specifically) one way or the other; however, I've been to an Apple store with a friend whose iPod Classic's click wheel was wobbly and Apple did indeed choose to replace it (out of warranty and free of charge, I might add) on the spot rather than repair it. If I had to bet one way or the other then I'd go with history and assume that Apple will probably simply replace it if they do deem it to be a issue, but that's just an educated guess at best. But I'd have to agree with D in that I'd just go ahead and make an appointment as it certainly can't hurt and could potentially provide resolution. Good luck.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
I've read in the past that Apple stores can't/won't tighten buttons if they're loose, but I don't have personal experience with the issue and therefore cannot attest to the statement (at least not regarding the iPhone's volume keys specifically) one way or the other; however, I've been to an Apple store with a friend whose iPod Classic's click wheel was wobbly and Apple did indeed choose to replace it (out of warranty and free of charge, I might add) on the spot rather than repair it. If I had to bet one way or the other then I'd go with history and assume that Apple will probably simply replace it if they do deem it to be a issue, but that's just an educated guess at best. But I'd have to agree with D in that I'd just go ahead and make an appointment as it certainly can't hurt and could potentially provide resolution. Good luck.

Good and very well written post which pretty much includes just about everything the OP and one of our Mods answered as well to help the OP in his decision on what to do. At least he has been well informed and can now make a good as I said decision on going to Apple or not. Thank you for your post.

JakePleasants

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site
Good and very well written post which pretty much includes just about everything the OP and one of our Mods answered as well to help the OP in his decision on what to do. At least he has been well informed and can now make a good as I said decision on going to Apple or not. Thank you for your post.

Thank you, I appreciate the kind words.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro