Replaced my 5S at the Apple store, quick question

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
So I had to exchange my 5S at the Apple store for another one that came in just a thin white box, and I have a quick question - are the specs of this factory refreshed device the same as the 5S I originally purchased (camera, processor speed and type)? The capacity of the phone is the same, so I just want to make sure it still has the same power as my original 5S. Also, does anyone know what the difference really is between a new 5S and refurb they give you for an exchange?

Thanks

jsntrenkler

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
The specs of the replacement are identical to what you exchanged. The exchange unit is identical. The unit could be new stock or refurbished by apple. Either way it includes a warranty and will be identical in functionality.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
They never do refurbished phones for one. If it's something they can replace - screen, home button, headphone port then they'll replace it in store. If it's something they can't replace - motherboard, buttons, chips they give you a brand new phone. It's factory settings and software.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
They never do refurbished phones for one. If it's something they can replace - screen, home button, headphone port then they'll replace it in store. If it's something they can't replace - motherboard, buttons, chips they give you a brand new phone. It's factory settings and software.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk ��

They do replace defective units with refurbished or new depending on what they have. You would never know the difference since refurbs are given new outer cases and batteries so they look just as good as a new one.

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
They do replace defective units with refurbished or new depending on what they have. You would never know the difference since refurbs are given new outer cases and batteries so they look just as good as a new one.

My apologies-- *remanufactured is the word I should have used. They replace with those (if available)which are supposed to be better than your initial phone, if none are available then it's a new one.

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox