How iPhone 5s Sprint unlock

li2327

Jun 28, 2009
Visit site
I have to say that I have Sprint and have no problem with their service either. They even worked with me while I was out of work sick and couldn't pay my bill. So far no complaints.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Why is the assumption I'm leaving their service? I travel internationally for business and it's ridiculous they won't unlock so I can use local sim abroad. They are still getting their monthly rate regardless?

samanthpad

Mar 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes I have used Evasi0n for unlock my iphone. This tool has so many advantages compare with Apple app store. Because after i have jailbroken my device, it consist both App Store and cydia.

Cydia is a third party application developed by Saurik. I have used Cydia installer to download jailbreak tool. This tool guided me to take Evasi0n. Also Cydia has thousands of free best applications, specially i like to themes. Apple not provided me to themes. I have installed many lovely themes to my device.

Now i have experience with unlocking and jailbreaking. If any matter PM me

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Yes I have used Evasi0n for unlock my iphone. This tool has so many advantages compare with Apple app store. Because after i have jailbroken my device, it consist both App Store and cydia.

Cydia is a third party application developed by Saurik. I have used Cydia installer to download jailbreak tool. This tool guided me to take Evasi0n. Also Cydia has thousands of free best applications, specially i like to themes. Apple not provided me to themes. I have installed many lovely themes to my device.

Now i have experience with unlocking and jailbreaking. If any matter PM me

Unlocking and jailbreaking are separate concepts - one can unlock without having anything to do with jailbreak... one can also jailbreak and have a locked phone.

beathookup

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I have one in the Baltimore area with spotty LTE service but can't complain as no major problems have ever arisen. I have had Sprint unlock two devices in the past for me but the device needs to be active on an account for 90 days, you must be in good standing with them and you can only have one unlocked per year. I hardly ever keep a phone active for more then 90 days so I doubt mine will ever get unlcoked

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
They are the worst network in America. Even T-Mobile is better than them now. Not to offend anyone. :)
I would assume this is your own personal opinion about Sprint?
To the OP I believe that if you buy off contract and pay full retail one of our other Mods said she paid full retail from VZW and it came unlocked. I don't think and YES this is a guess that VZW does not routinely unlock their phone on contract unless you call and ask. Like I said on thins one I could be mistaken and I have never been interested enough to take another CDMA carrier sim to find out.

blkhwks55

Oct 9, 2011
Visit site
Well the FCC and CTIA came to an agreement that the 4 major carriers would unlock the phones for domestic use, when certain criteria are met. Unfortunately, they have up to a year to get it done.

CDMA does not use SIMs. The CDMA side of the phone is always locked to the carrier.
The GSM side of the 5/5S can be locked or unlocked. Due to a condition imposed by federal regulators, Verizon must sell the GSM unlocked regardless of whether the phone is subsidized.
Sprint however has no such condition and they lock the GSM side. If you are a customer in good standing for for at least 90 days they may unlock the SIM for international use only. I've never heard of Sprint unlocking the SIM for use on another domestic carrier.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
CDMA does not use SIMs. The CDMA side of the phone is always locked to the carrier.
The GSM side of the 5/5S can be locked or unlocked. Due to a condition imposed by federal regulators, Verizon must sell the GSM unlocked regardless of whether the phone is subsidized.
Sprint however has no such condition and they lock the GSM side. If you are a customer in good standing for for at least 90 days they may unlock the SIM for international use only. I've never heard of Sprint unlocking the SIM for use on another domestic carrier.
CDMA phones DO use SIM cards to access the LTE network. This is why all LTE capable CDMA phones now have SIM card slots.

This is also why the current iPads will work on GSM/CDMA networks just by swapping sims.

andresobed16

Jan 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I have gotten an iphone 5s from sprint. I wonder if is there anyway to unlock it right now. I don't care if i have to use third parties such as gevey, turbo sim, etc. Who knows???

LordLugard

Oct 12, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I have gotten an iphone 5s from sprint. I wonder if is there anyway to unlock it right now. I don't care if i have to use third parties such as gevey, turbo sim, etc. Who knows???

Only way to unlock is through Sprint, and they use an unconventional OTA method. Gevey and or Turbo SIM or unlock websites will not work.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
Sprint doesn't unlock phones.

Yes, Sprint WILL unlock phones but RARELY do. MY former boss, a big exec for a marketing firm here in Portland managed to ***** his way to higher ups and they approved it. Outside of him I have read that others have managed to do the same but it is extremely rare.

haqverdiyevm

Feb 9, 2014
Visit site
hi .I bought my iPhone 5s sprint but I can not unlock.I use r-sim 9 pro but all efforts failed.I ask you to show me a way out of this issue.I'm waiting for an answer from you.Help me please

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
Yes and even though you have to be lucky to receive this kind of unlock ;-)
Marek
FlyUnlock.com

They were willing to unlock my 4S for me pretty easily. I asked them to do it online via chat and when I spoke to the international team they were going to do it for me but since it wasn't for domestic I said forget it.

RobertAdams313

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
It is definitely a little easier if you are the original owner. But I doubt they would do it via chat. But maybe that they have changed the policy with the beginning of new year.

This was actually when the 5S came out I was going to sell my 4S and the person wanted it unlocked. They definitely were going to do it via online chat. I don't think international unlock is a big deal for them. Domestic unlock I think is the thing you have to jump through hoops and be lucky for

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner