Using Cricket iPhone 5S Overseas

avimorde

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi there. Recently, I purchased an Iphone 5s from the US to use overseas. The iPhone is Cricket, and in the past I have bought Iphone 5 from Cricket and it was factory unlocked through Cricket without needing to do anything to them at all. SIM unlocked for international use - that is their OFFICIAL policy.
I read online that the Iphone 5S were all unlocked for International use by default.. So my question is, Can I use the iPhone 5S overseas?
Thanks.

avimorde

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, you can use an iPhone 5S overseas.

Thanks for your fast reply. I am really appreciate that.
I am a little confused, just contacted my local iPhone's lab, and they said "Only verizon iPhones are unlocked by default. I would need to get my iPhone unlocked by cricket if you plan on using it outside the US."
Do you think they tell the truth, I need to worry?

Sorry for bothering, it's a lot of money.
Thx

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for your fast reply. I am really appreciate that.
I am a little confused, just contacted my local iPhone's lab, and they said "Only verizon iPhones are unlocked by default. I would need to get my iPhone unlocked by cricket if you plan on using it outside the US."
Do you think they tell the truth, I need to worry?

Sorry for bothering, it's a lot of money.
Thx

Verizon iPhone 5 devices and above are unlocked by default. iPhone devices brought via the Apple Store at full price are also unlocked. You stated that the Cricket device you current have is "unlocked for international use". If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then you should be able to use your device overseas without a problem. Just insert a sim from whatever carrier you plan to do business with. To be safe, ask your Verizon-related question via the following link.

http://forums.imore.com/verizon/263463-verizon-question-ask-rep.html

avimorde

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Verizon iPhone 5 devices and above are unlocked by default. iPhone devices brought via the Apple Store at full price are also unlocked. You stated that the Cricket device you current have is "unlocked for international use". If that is true, and I have no reason to doubt it, then you should be able to use your device overseas without a problem. Just insert a sim from whatever carrier you plan to do business with. To be safe, ask your Verizon-related question via the following link.

http://forums.imore.com/verizon/263463-verizon-question-ask-rep.html

Thanks again for trying to help. I think you didn't understand me properly. By saying " to use overseas" I meant that my iPhone is belong to "Cricket" and I want to use it overseas. My new iPhone 5S is "Locked to Cricket" exactly like my older iPhone 5. My last iPhone 5 is locked to Cricked too but I could use it outside the US like it was simfree. I wanted to know if I can use overseas the "Locked to Cricket" iPhone 5S, like I used my older "Locked to Cricket" iPhone 5, or maybe Cricked changed its policy from iPhone 5 to 5s?
Hope you understand. Please help me.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I do understand. I am not and have never been a customer of Cricket Wireless. Having said that, I would simply call the carrier and ask if their policy is the same in regard to having an unlocked SIM for international use for the 5S as it does with the iPhone 5.

avimorde

Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know whether there is any Cricket's email?
It's hard to catch them on the phone as long as you are not their customer.
Thanks

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Modernormal