How to transfer my contact from Android phone to iPhone?

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I just picked up an iPhone 5s. All my contacts are on my previous phone which is an Android phone. Any way to transfer my contacts from the Android phone over to my 5s?

Happy Holidays!

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
In settings, go to mail, contacts, calendars and create a new email account for the Gmail account you used on Android. Make sure you select to sync contacts. They will transfer over to the iPhone.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Were you syncing the phone to Gmail?

You can set up your iPhone to sync to Gmail and it will all be there...

serglb

Dec 8, 2013
Visit site
One way I found that was pretty easy is to add that gmail account that all your contacts are backed up to from your android, to your iPhone and they should sync down to your phone or add it in iTunes and it'll sync your contacts so you won't have to have that email on that phone (5S).

Sent from my Black iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 😊

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
One can also go to their Gmail via a computer web browser, export their contacts to a vcard file - then, create an iCloud account - and go there via a computer browser and import the vCard file and then sync the iPhone to the iCloud account.

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I added Gmail through the Mail option on the iPhone. I didn't actually download the Gmail app from iTunes. Which one is better? You guys gave me a lot of ways to transfer my contacts, which one is the easiest and most effective way?

And I just have one other question, not related to this thread but I figured I just post it here. I'm having a data dipute right now with VZW, I'm suppose to have unlimited data but I was switched to 2gb and now where in a dispute, I'm waiting on a determination.

However, I don't want to use any of that 2gb data while this dispute is going on. I went into Settings - Cellular - Cellular Data and turned it OFF. This will allow me to continue to text and make phone calls, correct? But... It will block all data (Facebook, Maps, anything that would use my data plan?). I only want to use data (apps &games) when I'm at home on WiFi, I want to all my data to run through WiFi so that 2gb never gets crossed. Did I do everything right or am I missing a few steps? I want WiFi to turn on soon as I get close to my house and I don't want to use any data once I leave my house.

Thanks!

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site
Turning cellular data off does just that... You can still use apps on wifi just fine... and you don't really need to worry about turning wifi on and off... It will remember log-ons and connect when in range.

GMail works fine in the Mail app... But isn't pushed... The gmail app gives pushed mail.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
I would only use Gmail through the iPhones mail app just to sync your contacts over and turn mail off. You can keep only contacts turned on and leave everything else off.

Use the Gmail app for Gmail.

budmonster

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Turning cellular data off does just that... You can still use apps on wifi just fine... and you don't really need to worry about turning wifi on and off... It will remember log-ons and connect when in range.

GMail works fine in the Mail app... But isn't pushed... The gmail app gives pushed mail.

I had cellular data off and my wife wasn't receiving some texts from me. Soon as she got home and her iPhone connected to WiFI she got all my messages. I dont understand what the issue is. I thought turning that off only effected data not my texting and calls.

edit: Also, in our text log, there are green chat bubbles and blue ones. When I have WiFi on the chat bubbles are blue. When I send her messages of WiFi they are green. Why are some going through and some are not. We both had celluar data turned off and texts where working for a bit, then she tried sending me some more texts and I got nothing. Soon as she got home and turn WiFi on I got the rest.

nabans

Banned
Dec 29, 2013
Visit site
Try this thing when you have some free time. Remove your sim card, clean it with a cotton cloth and then insert back into your phone, wait for about a minute and then switch it on. This worked for me and I hope it will do the same for you.

KarelMaria

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
If you don't have too much contacts, you can try to transfer them by pen and paper :)
If you have nearly 200 contacts, you can try to transfer them via SIM card.
If you have too much contacts that over SIM card capability, try to export them as vCard files and import them via online account.

naimmkassim

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
I just transfer it via mail..on android i make backup contact csv and save it..then i put it in attachmnent email it..then i use my iphone to open the mail and download the csv contact..and when i open it, bang, instanly all the contact is installed in my iphone..😼

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

geezio

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
It might be way late but the easiest way for me was using the Best buy app but you need to be on a wifi network and you are good to go! Just install on both phones and use the transfer button ...then use your gmail also like some suggested here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
turning of cellular data has it's downside. As you noticed, iMessage won't work and also your voicemail won't work (you can use traditional voicemail instead), Siri and push notifications will not work

With iOS7 you can disable the apps that use data in the same tab as you are... hopefully, this helps.

sau124

Aug 13, 2012
Visit site
Also, 2GB is decent package for data. As long as you use WiFi for browsing, downloading and videos you should have plenty of data. My wife has 2GB and she averages ~400MB per month on iMessage, Notifications, Voicemails...

prithvitheprime

May 21, 2014
Visit site
Sync your phone contacts to a online account you're having; example gmail, microsoft exchange active sync etc; you can transfer contacts from both of them.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro