I'm on my 4th iPhone 5s & it, too, randomly reboots.

briankbart1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
hello all.....I neee serious help!!!!!!

I have had every iphone knonn and never had a problem....i am now on my 4th 5s and it is still doing the same thing......re-boots at random!!!! Apple says its the facebook app....i did not install it this time! thought maybe the cable and brink, well that is brand new from apple.....each phone has been started from scratch as new....

Any advice...because this sucks to keep going thru phones.!

thanks in advance

B

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
re: I'm on my 4th iPhone 5s & it, too, randomly reboots.

I have never had this issue and I've had 3 different 5S's (not from issues but from selling the previous one for profit).

I know you said they were all started from scratch, but have you tried not installing the Facebook app to see if the problem resolves itself? My only thought is that perhaps a backup you are using has an issue imbedded into it, or that for some reason your account on Facebook is causing some kind of weird performance glitch that is causing this restart.

Again, having never experienced anything like that, I can't fathom how you could go through 4 different (NEW) iPhone's having the same exact problem. It definitely doesn't sound like a hardware issue at all, but a software issue unique to you.

tigerinexile

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site

If you don't want to have everything fresh (and therefore losing all your progress in games, etc.), perhaps you could try manually deleting your Facebook app, then re-downloading it?

That seems the least intrusive way of fixing what might be wrong with it...

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I agree with Sean. Seems like something wrong with the software on the phone rather than the phone itself.

Tytanious

Aug 29, 2010
Visit site

You should check to see if it's low memory resprings. It's been happening 7-10 times a day on my iPad Air, i5s, wife's Air, and i5s. They are all low memory related. I'm hoping that 7.1 fixes the issue. It's really frustrating.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I'm in agreement with Sean. If you're restoring from a backup, don't. Put the device in DFU mode and start from scratch. Set it up as a new device.

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

It's a bug in iOS 7.0. Go to MacRumors and you will see all kinds of complaints on this. Hopefully it gets fixed in an upcoming update.

My Retina Mini and 5S do it occasionally.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

It's a bug in iOS 7.0. Go to MacRumors and you will see all kinds of complaints on this. Hopefully it gets fixed in an upcoming update.

My Retina Mini and 5S do it occasionally.

I frequent MacRumors about as often as this website...I have not seen any common "bug" report of this nature. Do you have a source you can direct to?

anon(5719825)

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site

I frequent MacRumors about as often as this website...I have not seen any common "bug" report of this nature. Do you have a source you can direct to?

Hers is an iPad Air thread. It mentions all iPads on 7.0+ and iPhones too [Resolved] How often does your iPad crash? - MacRumors Forums
Here is a 5S thread on crashes iPhone 5s Crashing - MacRumors Forums

Too see how many crashes your phone/iPad get as well as low memory errors/crashes, open settings/general/about/diagnostics & usage. It will keep you busy reading a while.

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site

I have never had this issue and I've had 3 different 5S's (not from issues but from selling the previous one for profit).

I know you said they were all started from scratch, but have you tried not installing the Facebook app to see if the problem resolves itself? My only thought is that perhaps a backup you are using has an issue imbedded into it, or that for some reason your account on Facebook is causing some kind of weird performance glitch that is causing this restart.

Again, having never experienced anything like that, I can't fathom how you could go through 4 different (NEW) iPhone's having the same exact problem. It definitely doesn't sound like a hardware issue at all, but a software issue unique to you.
Sean to throw my 2 cents in the OP said this that you might have missed....'Apple says its the facebook app....i did not install it this time! '

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site

Hers is an iPad Air thread. It mentions all iPads on 7.0+ and iPhones too [Resolved] How often does your iPad crash? - MacRumors Forums
Here is a 5S thread on crashes iPhone 5s Crashing - MacRumors Forums

Too see how many crashes your phone/iPad get as well as low memory errors/crashes, open settings/general/about/diagnostics & usage. It will keep you busy reading a while.

So maybe I'm still missing it, but where's the common "bug report" you referenced earlier? I see a few people saying they're having issues and a few that weren't having issues but were just reporting what they were reading in the diagnostic report. I mean we've had about that many people reporting it here (maybe the same people, who knows)...but given the massive amount of people on MacRumors, I wouldn't call this common at all really.

briankbart1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Thanks SeanHRCC....but i havent installed the Facebook ap on the last 2

Also.....when i charge my phone at night alot of times I it says it charged to 99% and not 100%

briankbart1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site

Tytanious, where do i find that at?

You should check to see if it's low memory resprings. It's been happening 7-10 times a day on my iPad Air, i5s, wife's Air, and i5s. They are all low memory related. I'm hoping that 7.1 fixes the issue. It's really frustrating.

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks SeanHRCC....but i havent installed the Facebook ap on the last 2

Also.....when i charge my phone at night alot of times I it says it charged to 99% and not 100%

Are you using any kind of back up at all when you are restoring these devices for usage?

Do you use any kind of lesser common customizations or apps that might work with Facebook in some way? (or any social media apps for that matter).

I can't imagine you are just the most unlucky person in our sites history...there's got to be a consistent activity or function you're doing that is triggering this, we just need to go through step by step to find it.

briankbart1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
SeanHRCC,

nope......that is the kicker...I start the phone as fresh new phone not from backup!!!!! kinda odd!!!! isnt it. i do back up to icloud every night, Apple says that would not do it!!!!!

on my phone now I have;
instagram, twitter
spotify, rdio
wunderground, starbucks, groupon, chase, huntington, dfcu, password keeper, candy crush (lol), that word, cut the rope2, words with friends,
Sportscenter, nike fuelband, runkeeper
whole foods, realtor, jbl, dropbox, flipboard

Thats it

i know right....very annoying!!!

Are you using any kind of back up at all when you are restoring these devices for usage?

Do you use any kind of lesser common customizations or apps that might work with Facebook in some way? (or any social media apps for that matter).

I can't imagine you are just the most unlucky person in our sites history...there's got to be a consistent activity or function you're doing that is triggering this, we just need to go through step by step to find it.

briankbart1

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
SeanHRCC,

nope......that is the kicker...I start the phone as fresh new phone not from backup!!!!! kinda odd!!!! isnt it. i do back up to icloud every night, Apple says that would not do it!!!!!

on my phone now I have;
instagram, twitter
spotify, rdio
wunderground, starbucks, groupon, chase, huntington, dfcu, password keeper, candy crush (lol), that word, cut the rope2, words with friends,

Thats it

jasonprice

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
As irritating and time consuming as it will be, you're going to have to install your apps one by one to see which one is the culprit. Restore the phone as new, install an app and waiting a good amount of time in which you would have normally gotten a restart. No restart, then add another app and go through the same process. Chances are, there is an app that hasnt been updated for iOS 7.Another question, is the phone actually rebooting or are you getting a respring?

SeanHRCC,

on my phone now I have;
instagram, twitter
spotify, rdio

Thats it

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods