Z10 to iphone5s?

mikeo007

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah the z10 battery was well known for being far crappier than the q. I did have a couple of the random discharges though. Good times.

Craziness...wasn't even using the phone during these "drain" periods.

y6u2a8ar.jpg

a8e2y9a6.jpg

I know battery life is a very personal thing and differs greatly between users, but I expect consistency at the very least.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I have both phones, I personally think bb10 OS is best mobile one I've used, in terms of productivity it can't be beat, the 5s is easier to pickup and just use since it's button based, however bb10 actually has managed to do multitasking on mobile device , peek and hub isn't something you think about until you use your 5s and have yo leave an app to read the messages. Gesture based OS are more difficult to use but will be norm in future as it actually allows for multitasking, that being said I like my 5s as well, the app maturity is big difference.

It's a shame BB has had such bad press lately as it really did get bb10 right, and with app support, we'd have a healthy competition in mobile space.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
I have both phones, I personally think bb10 OS is best mobile one I've used, in terms of productivity it can't be beat, the 5s is easier to pickup and just use since it's button based, however bb10 actually has managed to do multitasking on mobile device , peek and hub isn't something you think about until you use your 5s and have yo leave an app to read the messages. Gesture based OS are more difficult to use but will be norm in future as it actually allows for multitasking, that being said I like my 5s as well, the app maturity is big difference.

It's a shame BB has had such bad press lately as it really did get bb10 right, and with app support, we'd have a healthy competition in mobile space.

Absolutely, the z30 is really nice...just too big for me, which is why I got the iphone.

anon(153966)

Jul 13, 2008
Visit site
I'm here to say, my story of switching from a Z10 to an iPhone 5s GOLD was short lived. It was actually only 5 days (1st Jan to 5th Jan). The iPhone and iOS is a great device, it is a pick up and go/use device, no question about it. But, I bought the unit without contract ($700+) and to be honest, I just couldn't justify the cost of it. It didn't wow me to keep it, so...

I'm back on my Z10, for now. I guess, like other BlackBerry users, I'll just wait for the Z30, if it in fact is ever released with AT&T. I will say this, with the release (albeit still leaked) 10.2.1 or higher OS, one can simply install apk files for certain apps that are not in the official BlackBerry World market.

I've noticed that this is my third or fourth attempt to get back into using just an iPhone as my primary smartphone, and again it has failed. I'm beginning to think I'm a BlackBerry user through, and through, in addition to me really liking the use of gestures on BB10. I certainly prefer it to using a 'home button'.

Spencerdl

Apple Watch Champion
Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
I'm here to say, my story of switching from a Z10 to an iPhone 5s GOLD was short lived. It was actually only 5 days (1st Jan to 5th Jan). The iPhone and iOS is a great device, it is a pick up and go/use device, no question about it. But, I bought the unit without contract ($700+) and to be honest, I just couldn't justify the cost of it. It didn't wow me to keep it, so...

I'm back on my Z10, for now. I guess, like other BlackBerry users, I'll just wait for the Z30, if it in fact is ever released with AT&T. I will say this, with the release (albeit still leaked) 10.2.1 or higher OS, one can simply install apk files for certain apps that are not in the official BlackBerry World market.

I've noticed that this is my third or fourth attempt to get back into using just an iPhone as my primary smartphone, and again it has failed. I'm beginning to think I'm a BlackBerry user through, and through, in addition to me really liking the use of gestures on BB10. I certainly prefer it to using a 'home button'.

Enjoy the Z10, thats why I kept mine and got rid of my Android in lieu of the iPhone

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I have the z10 and iphone 5C. Was a long time iphone user from 3G to 5 (had every single one of them). When I had the opp to try z10, I jumped bc, honestly, iOS just got kind of stale and boring for me. Had both Z10 and Q10 and still think BB10 is the best mobile OS I've used (and I've used them all). It's efficient and multi-tasks well. Z10 screen and keyboard are awesome. I only came back to the 5C bc work stopped supporting BB10. I have to say that iOS's integration with everything has been great. I've got a jawbone up24 and Pebble connected to my phone with very little work. That part has been nice, but I miss the keyboard and the multi-tasking abilities of the Z10. I'm now looking to get my hands on a 5S so I can have the improved camera, as I take a lot of pics.

Coachbulldog

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
so you're saying it all comes down between a keyboard and a camera? It seems like a keyboard would be more important then.

The keyboard might be more important than a camera to some but you're wrong to imply that it is a universal fact. I have six grandchildren with two more on the way and the quality of the camera on my phone is by far more important to me. It does not matter to me, and if sales figures are an indication it doesn't matter to millions of others either, the Z10 has a superior keyboard. The camera, FaceTime, being able to sync with my other Apple devices, and the availability of apps more than make up for the perceived edge the Z10 keyboard provides.

This is where the BlackBerry fans will give the "primary purpose of phone is a communication device" response. My answer to that is this, I've had two iPhones now and I've never missed an email, text message, or phone call. My iPhone is a solid communication device.

anon(52425)

Mar 1, 2009
Visit site
My old storm 2 and iPad were a perfect combo. I know now why people jailbreak these iPhones, to get functionality that is built into a blackberry since before the first iPhone. That blinking notification light, I miss it.

The jury a still out for me on the iPhone, still in the getting to know you stage.

Oh my. The Storm was a terrible device.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I keep telling people that bb10 is the best mobile OS on market, gestures based OS is harder to learn, but since it doesn't rely on buttons you can actually use it to do multitasking , ie check messages while in another app!!! I have iphone 5s as well and I actually notice this feature is missing when I've got to leave my current app and go to message app to read my notification, something I don't have to on bb10.

The short of it blackberry got the product right , it's a shame so few no how great the new OS and new phones are. Or atleast tried them. Bberry marketing and mind share is atrocious , maybe the new management will fix it , because the product is great ... Obviously the ecosystem maturity is squarely in apples favor link suc big time compared to iTunes!! And apps are more mature on iOS as developers are learning the QNX dev kits that bb10 is based on not to mention , app deva sitting on sideline waiting to see if it's worth building a native app for them. All in all, since I own both phones I can say both are pretty darn good at what they do best. PS I just used talk to typeon 5s to write this which actually one feature that is useful that's easier to do on the 5s vs z10. Hands down though z10 virtual keyboard is much better.

kataran

Ambassador
Mar 11, 2013
Visit site

Just to set it straight I agree Gestures will be the future and iOS is starting to implement it across the board.

But it was webOS that first brought true Multitasking to the Mobile OS!!!

Sent from my iPhone 5s Gold 64GB

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Never said BB invented gestures based OS concept, no more than apple invented touch screen cell phones, or Palm for that matter.

I said simply put BB10 is the best mobile OS I've used thus far,in terms of navigation and productivity and integration of multitasking features. Peek and hub are certainly BB inventions though or rather evolutions of the fact that multitasking on a mobile device is difficult to do, do to the lack of real estate.

eyecrispy

iPhone 7, iPad Pro & Apple Watch Champion
Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Never said BB invented gestures based OS concept, no more than apple invented touch screen cell phones, or Palm for that matter.

I said simply put BB10 is the best mobile OS I've used thus far,in terms of navigation and productivity and integration of multitasking features. Peek and hub are certainly BB inventions though or rather evolutions of the fact that multitasking on a mobile device is difficult to do, do to the lack of real estate.

I'd have to agree. BB10 devices are productivity, multi-tasking monsters! I'm sad that BB waited so long and fear they may be too late to the game. Would be nice to have some true competition for iOS and Android.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site
Useful, productive apps or games and stuff?? Just curious...

I have. Z10 is an ok phone and the BB10 was fine. It was the lack of apps that made me move the the iPhone 5S. And I didn't want to do any side loading of android apps either.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
When I say productivity I'm talking business productivity, exchange integration still by far the best on bb10, as well as support for office products excel, word, etc... My actual day job.

All the major apps have native client or 3rd party native client, by that I mean twitter, Facebook, Instagram... Etc, but I don't consider this productivity and I don't participate in these apps anyway.

Things I use that are either non existent or lack same level of support on bb10 as I have on my 5s are Sirius xm client , have to use web, this isn't the best as it is hicuppy, Wells Fargo again have to use web which works fine, delta...it sucks on bb10 , it doesn't even allow you to login to acct you must get info via flight number or confirmation to begin checkin- come on delta bb users are business travelers? Note delta app isn't best on iphone either which leads me to think the dev team just is azzzz, oddly the iPad version is super robust... But it's way to large for me to put my etckt on the delta check in screen (this is joke business travelers will get it) ...what were they thinking at delta???? Why put all that work into the iPad version. But I digress, shazam is major missing app but there is sound hound which I now use more on iphone and z10.

Aside from delta app nothing work related which is what I meant by productivity is lacking, iPhones app lead is really is number 1 the platform has been around for 6 years. People forget android had a huge deficit for almost 2 years.... I don't understand why folks expect bb10 would have all the apps day 1, if android didn't, nor did apple? number 2 the rest is just daily fun stuff to me, which doesn't matter, didnt buy my phone to play games I have an xbox.

i7guy

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
Oh my. The Storm was a terrible device.

I liked the s2, had for nearly 4 years. I'm easy on my phones but stuff happens and the s2 took a few falls. In the end, took 4 years I got tired of clicky keyboard. BES integration is light years ahead of active sync. I had some great free apps I used constantly. However the shortfalls, like lack of popular streaming apps were annoying, and the slow processor.

The iPhone 5s is fast, lot of functionality and does cool things, however if you are a power email user, the email integration, which is a blackberry strong hold is just passable on the iPhone.

acadia11

Banned
Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
I liked the s2, had for nearly 4 years. I'm easy on my phones but stuff happens and the s2 took a few falls. In the end, took 4 years I got tired of clicky keyboard. BES integration is light years ahead of active sync. I had some great free apps I used constantly. However the shortfalls, like lack of popular streaming apps were annoying, and the slow processor.

The iPhone 5s is fast, lot of functionality and does cool things, however if you are a power email user, the email integration, which is a blackberry strong hold is just passable on the iPhone.

Slow processor on which phone? I've found S4, 5s and Z10/30/q10 all have extremely fast and responsive hardware. Throw in HTC 1 as well , I wouldn't categorize any of these phones as slow?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nijolcreative