- iMore Newbie
- 16 Posts
Do failed fingerprint scanner attempts drain battery?
I guess my question is does your battery drain faster based on the failed fingerprint scanner attempts? Because my fingerprint used to work fine, but now it hardly ever works on the first try. Sometimes it takes 2-3 tries before it works. Iv'e tried deleting my prints and re-entering them and although they work better it's just a matter of time before they start to not work as good. So I was wondering if the more times I try to enter my prints does my battery suffer, if it does then I think I might disable the feature. Thanks in advance for any feedback.
- 12-17-2013, 07:13 PM #2
re: Do failed fingerprint scanner attempts drain battery?
I don't know about battery life. I'd assume that the battery consumption is the same with the LED lit up.
As far as the issue you're having, Rene Ritchie explained why the scanner could actually worsen over time for a fingerprint in the last iMore podcast. When I get a chance to go back to it, I'll update this post with his logic and quote.
- 12-17-2013, 08:08 PM #3
- 12-17-2013, 08:21 PM #4
- 12-17-2013, 08:34 PM #5
- By jasonprice in forum iPhone 5sReplies: 9Last Post: 02-14-2014, 01:16 PM
- By jsntrenkler in forum OS X Mavericks (10.9)Replies: 8Last Post: 12-24-2013, 12:48 PM
- By zerog46 in forum AccessoriesReplies: 2Last Post: 12-18-2013, 01:06 PM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-17-2013, 08:10 PM
- By iOS Gravity in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 2Last Post: 12-16-2013, 04:03 PM