Backing up friends phone on my pc itunes

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I have a very full itunes library that my 5s is synced to and backed up through, and on a windows 8 hp laptop.

Can someone explain how I can back up my friends 5s using the same pc and itunes? Iow, if I plug in her phone, and click backup, will it back up the phone to a separate back up file? Such that my back up will not be corrupted? If so where? In the same itunes older?

I used to back up and synch her phone before by creating a separate login for her on an old XP desktop, so all our stuff was separate. But this time, I was wondering if I just wanted to back up her phone, and not synch it, I wouldn't have to create a separate login and itunes library for her.

Any suggestions?

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
Instead of typing it all out, here's a link to what you're looking for...

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1495?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

...truth be told though, there's no reason why iCloud isn't being used as a back up option, especially in this case. It would save a lot of unneeded effort.

I agree and disagree...

One the one hand I agree..... i would like to use iCloud for her, and have tried. But even as instructed - locked, plugged in, and on wifi - it never finishes; it says about 4hrs left and the progress bar never goes past a few millimeters from the left. I have pictures turned off, though I understand it won't back up pics not shared and so won't backup all pics on the device anyways. So iCloud backup should only be limited....so why does it take forever and never finish? Same on my phone as well!

On the other hand, I disagree.... In that I'd like to do a full itunes backup of her songs, apps, vids, etc. I cloud doesn't do that so any help on doing the itunes backup would be great. Should I once again create a separate login for her? Or if I just plug hers in and doi an itunes backup under my login, will that not interfere or corrupt my itunes backup?

Thanks!

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
I agree and disagree...

One the one hand I agree..... i would like to use iCloud for her, and have tried. But even as instructed - locked, plugged in, and on wifi - it never finishes; it says about 4hrs left and the progress bar never goes past a few millimeters from the left. I have pictures turned off, though I understand it won't back up pics not shared and so won't backup all pics on the device anyways. So iCloud backup should only be limited....so why does it take forever and never finish? Same on my phone as well!

On the other hand, I disagree.... In that I'd like to do a full itunes backup of her songs, apps, vids, etc. I cloud doesn't do that so any help on doing the itunes backup would be great. Should I once again create a separate login for her? Or if I just plug hers in and doi an itunes backup under my login, will that not interfere or corrupt my itunes backup?

Thanks!

Duh....I'll look at the link, so disregard the second question I posted above... But what about the first? The iCloud never finishing thing?

zerog46

Oct 3, 2010
Visit site
Have you done a hard rest, hold in both buttons until the Apple logo comes up? Have you tried logging out of iCloud and back in?

tikchowdhurry

Dec 3, 2013
Visit site
How do I logout of iCloud? In settings? I don't see how.
For the record, I got a new 5s, had problems, replaced the phone, and so had to logout and in to iCloud 3times including my old phone....and it always did the same...never finished.

So another question is, it says I'm using 4.3 GunBroker of the free 5, but what exactly is taking up 5gb? If I could only backups notes, iOS, iCloud mail, and contacts......what's the 4.3gb about?

anon(4698833)

Banned
Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
There is no difference between the iCloud backup and the "on iTunes" back up you'd do via USB cable...just fyi. Also, neither of them backup music.

As far as iCloud never "finishing", the only reasons I can think this would be happening would be A.) another faulty device, or B.) an incomplete iCloud backup (from your previous phone). I've never had that happen, so I couldn't tell you personally why it's not finishing a complete backup from iCloud.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
...As far as iCloud never "finishing", the only reasons I can think this would be happening would be A.) another faulty device, or B.) an incomplete iCloud backup (from your previous phone). I've never had that happen, so I couldn't tell you personally why it's not finishing a complete backup from iCloud.

Or his upload speed is very low or the phone won't stay connected to wifi when the screen locks

Sent from my 5th gen iPod Touch or iPhone 5S using Tapatalk

Jaguarr40

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
It actually does not explain it. It merely giving you upload speed does not say anything. By just breaking the backup connection and starting over after shutting off your phone and turning it back on and starting over would more than likely do it.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR